Local channel Mapping

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dnhawley

Feb 13, 2005
I have been having trouble receiving Waco channel KCEN channel 6-1 for about a week. I called Direct TV and a tech had me reset my DirecTV HR10-250 without any change. I was receiving KCEN HD without problems before it disappeared. I continue to receive a strong signal from channel 9 while scanning for local channels. I noticed that the guide has mapped KCEN as channel 9-1 instead of 6-1. Channel 9-1 does not show up when scanning for off the air channels. How do I get Direct TV to fix this problems.

Many stations have recently updated the digital info PSIP stream in the signal, to conform to FCC deadlines....have you contacted the engineers at the station, to see
if they can help??
Engineering (254) 859-5481
Engineering FAX (254) 859-4004
Engineering E-Mail darcher@kcentv.com

The problem may also be that your receiver is retaining the old data in memory, and
not overwriting it on a rescan. Try unplugging the OTA antenna lead, scanning to
""flush" memory since there will be none, then hooking the antenna lead up again, and
doing a new rescan to find any/new info.

Me Too

I live in Temple and I'm having the same issue with KCEN. I just emailed them about it. I will let you know if I get anything back. I'm using a Samsung TS-360.

I have also lost PBS KWBU

Not only is KCEN gone but KWBU disappeared from the guide yesterday. I flushed the over air channels and even changed my local network to flush that information and reentered Waco area and still they are gone I noticed that when you check local channels signal strength that channel 9 shows as KCEN 9-1. I think that the problem is Direct TV's mapping. I talked the KCEN enginer afew days ago and he stated that he has other DIrect TV problems noted in the past few days. I also tried the suggestions from moonman without success.

Not Directv

dnhawley said:
Not only is KCEN gone but KWBU disappeared from the guide yesterday. I flushed the over air channels and even changed my local network to flush that information and reentered Waco area and still they are gone I noticed that when you check local channels signal strength that channel 9 shows as KCEN 9-1. I think that the problem is Direct TV's mapping. I talked the KCEN enginer afew days ago and he stated that he has other DIrect TV problems noted in the past few days. I also tried the suggestions from moonman without success.

I have my TS-360 currently not hooked up to Directv. It is acting stirtcly as a OTA turner. And it is still not working. This is not a Directv issue. And KCEN has acutally always broadcasted on 9-1. The DIrectv Guide that would download just changed it to 6-1 to make it look like channel 6. Just like 10-1 CBS really broadcast on 53-1. I am picking up KWBU just fine on 20-1,20-2,20-3.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)