Local Channells Question

spy178

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
New England
So when I use the website to try and add Local Channels for my area (Providence RI) it says "Congratulations, local channels are available in your area. However, the check box is greyed out and I am unable to add the locals online. So I called dish and asked them about this and they informed me that in fact my locals are not available to me. What gives??

I am using an OTA for my locals but the problem is that only gives them to me on my main tv. I have a 622 in dual mode and the 2nd receiver is unable to pick up locals. Does anyone know of a way to split the OTA from the 622 to the secondary tv? Thanks all...

I am in the Providence market and have locals. SD only no HD.

The locals are on 121 (I think they are being removed from this bird) and on 61.5.

You have a 622 so I am guessing that you have two dishes.

To use the OTA on tv2 you will need have your 622 in signal mode. Or if your 2nd tv is HD you will need to use the tv tuner. You can use two diplexers and run the signal on the same rg6 cable going to tv2.

Ken

I am in the Providence market and have locals. SD only no HD.

The locals are on 121 (I think they are being removed from this bird) and on 61.5.

You have a 622 so I am guessing that you have two dishes.

To use the OTA on tv2 you will need have your 622 in signal mode. Or if your 2nd tv is HD you will need to use the tv tuner. You can use two diplexers and run the signal on the same rg6 cable going to tv2.

Ken

Thanks for the response...What I don't understand is you say to use the OTA on tv2 (SD TV) i will need to have my 622 in single mode. But when in single mode the 2nd tv will have to watch the same programming as tv1 correct? You say that you're getting locals through dish but not in HD which is fine for me...I do have 2 dishes DISH 500. I'll call them back and ask again. Thanks again for the response...I appreciate it.

Thanks for the response...What I don't understand is you say to use the OTA on tv2 (SD TV) i will need to have my 622 in single mode. But when in single mode the 2nd tv will have to watch the same programming as tv1 correct?

Yes, the same program will be on both tvs.

I do have 2 dishes DISH 500. I'll call them back and ask again.

So you should be all set to get locals using the satellite at 61.5. When you call back tell them that you have a dish pointed at 61.5 and the SD channels you want are on 61.5.

Let us know how you make out.

Ken

Just called dish again for the 3rd time trying to add my locals (the last time I tried was proably 3-4 months ago) and finally got the response I wanted. Although I haven't tested it since I'm not home this CSR stated he was able to add my locals and they should now be showing up in my guide within 15 minutes of the call. Thanks again for the replies....Now i can send the wife upstairs to watch her primetime shows while I sitback and enjoy my sports in HD!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts