Local channels are down

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fizbi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Wild and Windy Casper, WY
My wife tells me all our neighbors have lost all our local channels thanks to a contract dispute with a satellite provider.
I just looked and we still get all the OTA local channels just fine.

Thanks to Satellite Guys, I was able to select the correct OTA antenna some time ago, so we are up! :up
Getting OTA here on the backside of the mountain is no easy task and we depend on local weather reports for safety. OTA and FTA continue to save us a bundle of money each month.

What a great way to start the new year! :)

If you dont mind me asking but which provider?

And usually these disputes are because the locals which in some cases can be picked up for free the companies that own these stations want a huge amount of money for DBS to carry them....

I dont see anything on the Dish side that shows that. Directv doesnt carry Casper, WY locals

hmm...guess they did
from the K2 site

At midnight on Dec 31, 2011 the following TV stations were dropped from The Dish Networks distribution system...
KTWO CASPER ABC...
KGWC CASPER CBS...
KFNB CASPER FOX...
KLWY CHEYENNE FOX...
K16JM-D, KLWY D2 (ALSO KNOWN AS KKTU) CHEYENNE ABC...

and proceed to give the same line that all locals do when they get dropped for asking for way too much money :rolleyes:

of course Dish would as the default. But in most cases I blame the locals. They think they should get big bucks like cable stations do.
But their signal is free if you can get it.

hmm...guess they did
from the K2 site

At midnight on Dec 31, 2011 the following TV stations were dropped from The Dish Networks distribution system...
KTWO CASPER ABC...
KGWC CASPER CBS...
KFNB CASPER FOX...
KLWY CHEYENNE FOX...
K16JM-D, KLWY D2 (ALSO KNOWN AS KKTU) CHEYENNE ABC...

and proceed to give the same line that all locals do when they get dropped for asking for way too much money :rolleyes:
Seems like I recall some of those same stations getting dropped from the FTA distribution system a few years back. ;)

Most people watch broadcast at night so the locals have the upper hand. Dish needs the locals. On a positive note the picture will be much better with the antenna.

Most people watch broadcast at night so the locals have the upper hand. Dish needs the locals. On a positive note the picture will be much better with the antenna.

not if you can't get a good enough signal to keep it stable ;)

Neither side is budging. K2 is running ads about how unfair Dish is. I gotta laugh. Mean while, the masses are up in arms, pitch forks and torches in hand. Converter boxes and antenna are on back order. It's like a giant soap opera. :popcorn

bunny-ears.jpg
I hear there's a run on rabbit ears in Casper. :eek::D
:eek: :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts