Local Channel's in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

USA0515

Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
I will be moving to Mobile, AL. this coming January and I was wondering if the local channels down their where in HD or not. If not does anyone know when Directv will expand it's local channels in HD? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Yes with the launch of D11 in Dec. Directv will expand the list of HD locals offered.

Maybe some will come off the newly activated D10.

About three months ago I had a list of the top 50 local markets Directv is planning to light them all up.

Matt

Mobile Alabama was originaly scheduled for a Q4 of 2006.. That came and went. Or rather was just plain dropped. We have been hearing a Q4 of this year time frame, again.. But I am not holding my breath waiting this time.. We have some very good OTA channels down here so it matters not to me whether D* gets them or not. ALthough it would be nice to get them off the satellite, I really don't expect them any time soon. Maybe they will surprise me.

I just recently saw were D* added HD access for my locals (va beach). But no hd channels. I know LIN is a big reason why we don't have hd locals. anyone know why i would have hd locals on my plan but not get them.

Still no KCAL( channel 9) or MYTV(channel 13) in L.A. Thought those were coming online today too. Lakers in HD on Ch. 9 would be nice this season.

Can someone PLEASE tell me IF Locals are in HD from DirecTV in the Portland, OR area?

TKS

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but have you checked your ZIP code on their website? That will tell you which locals you get and which ones are in HD.

If they're not there or not in HD, there's another place you can check to see if you qualify for DNS (getting the NY/LA feeds) service.

EDIT: here's the link for the DNS check http://directvdnseligibility.decisionmark.com/app/AddressForm.aspx

TKS ...... NO - not stupid at all, I's da STUPID one.....had not done what you suggested, but have now and SEE that they offer 3 of them in HD here and the rest in Digital....ODD they give CBS in HD though [Comcast and Dish do] DTV gives us ABC, NBC, and FOX in HD here.

TKS

TKS ...... NO - not stupid at all, I's da STUPID one.....had not done what you suggested, but have now and SEE that they offer 3 of them in HD here and the rest in Digital....ODD they give CBS in HD though [Comcast and Dish do] DTV gives us ABC, NBC, and FOX in HD here.

TKS

I had the same problem (no CBS in HD on D*). Finally gave up after 4 months and went the OTA route. One crappy afternoon in the attic, but it was well worth it...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts