Local channels in two nearby areas

satolink

Original poster
Nov 4, 2004
I'm considering purchasing a single DISH service to use at my primary home in San Jose and at a second home in the Sacramento area. I'd buy a second antenna and move the receiver back and forth. My question is on local channels. If I sign up for San Francisco/San Jose local channels, will I be able to receive them in Sacramento. I guess I'm not sure if this is a really narrow beam transmission or not.

As long as your physical address is in the area qualified to recieve the locals and you are not outside of the spot beam's reach, you will have no problem accessing them.

satolink said:
I'm considering purchasing a single DISH service to use at my primary home in San Jose and at a second home in the Sacramento area. I'd buy a second antenna and move the receiver back and forth.

I assume you are aware that this is against DISH's rules. As long as you don't get caught, it's not a problem.

chaddux said:
I assume you are aware that this is against DISH's rules. As long as you don't get caught, it's not a problem.

its not against the rules what he is trying to do. He said hed move the receiver back and forth....that isnt against the rules

now if he permantly kept a receievr at the 2nd house...then that would be technically against the rules (but has been done many many times) :)

Iceberg said:
its not against the rules what he is trying to do. He said hed move the receiver back and forth....that isnt against the rules

now if he permantly kept a receievr at the 2nd house...then that would be technically against the rules (but has been done many many times) :)

It would certainly be more convenient to keep a 2nd recvr at the second home, but I realize that's against the rules.

However, I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can pay an extra $5 or $6 a month and have a receiver at a second home. Do you know anything about that?

Iceberg said:

Well, actually Iceberg, it is. From the Residential Agreement, "If you desire to receive Services at two different locations, you must open a separate account for each location." Now, I may not be Stephen Hawking, but I believe it is safe to say that two houses that are in DIFFERENT CITIES could resonably be considered two different locations.

And you're a staff member here? Sheesh.

If he's only using service in one house at a time, he's receiving service in one or the other. Think it out.....

Technically he'd have to change his physical address each time. There is no harm in it, he's not stealing signals, he's watching a service he paid for with an active receiver. He'd probably be able to catch San Fran channels in Sacremento with an off air antenna anyway.

I currently have two addresses listed, one for billing, one for physical. If you visit my physical address, you'll be in for a surprise.

Just because we're staff members doesn't mean we're saints.

I agree that there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. He shouldn't have to pay for double service if he isn't at both places all the time. I was stating that it was against DISH's rules so they he would be forewarned. No matter how you want to argue the technicalities, you know DISH would never say it was ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)