Local channels not mapped down.

NoWhrMn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 9, 2005
Tucson, Az
Just curious I receive the Phoenix locals here at my home and I am receiving them from 6450-6446 but they are not mapped down to where they are supposed to be. I am also not getting my EPG info on the OTA channels. Is anyone else having these problems?:confused:

If you can reach the plug, do a "hard reset" by unplugging the receiver for 10-20 seconds.

If you can't reach it, then HOLD IN the power button on the front panel of the receiver for about 10 seconds.

The receiver will reset, go into a acquiring signal process (you'll notice the progress at the bottom and 2 always takes the longest), and then it will go into a program guide download which takes about 5 minutes.

This should pull your locals back down to their single and double digit channel numbers.

If this doesn't work, you may need to call Tech Support @ 1-800-333-3474. They will likely walk you through a system check and a check-switch.

Well I am hoping to avoid call tech support again. I have already done the whole check switch and reboot stuff more than once. This is why I was wondering if the issue may be something that has to do with E* and the Phoenix locals. I know they have been doing something and I thought this might be a temporary loss.

I know in one of the menu's i turned off the mapdown to my OTA channel #'s as I am getting constant rain fade and those channels just made it a pain to flip around my my locals when the dish wasnt getting a signal.

Maybe you somehow did the same thing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)