Local Channels - Older Receivers vs. Newer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was just going to ask if you got the SD locals. They seem to come in further than the HD. SD channels also come in when it rains really hard when the HD channel doesn't. Someone will explain why, it makes no sense to me.

SD spotbeams are much wider than HD ones so often you will be out of the HD spotbeam but inside the SD one.
HD signals are at a different frequency from SD and they are more affected by rain.

SD spotbeams are much wider than HD ones so often you will be out of the HD spotbeam but inside the SD one. HD signals are at a different frequency from SD and they are more affected by rain.

Yeah, someone told me about Ka/Ku something once. No one can tell me why they don't put the SD on the Ka/Ku. Many HD customers pay $10/month for HD, therefore HD should get as much favortism as possible. HD on 101, HD OFF Ka/Ku frquencies and do whatever they do to SD to HD. That would make things more HD-friendly - and help the OP!

Sorry that in my last post I did not make it clear that I am talking about local channels. The initial post explained that. When I tune to a local HD channel I get a 771 - Signal loss on Satellite In 1. The non-HD channel works just fine and yes, both appear in my menu. I have an HR24/500 receiver and a Slimline 3 LNB dish with SWM. But I believe an earlier post in this thread has covered the issue. Thanks.

So you are in the spot beam for the SD signals, but out of the spot beam/right on the edge for HD. Different receivers will have different tuner sensitivity, and going through splitters or even cable length can reduce an already very low signal and give you 771s.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)