Local Channels Quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Osm3um

Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
I am curious if there is anything I can do reagrding the quality of our local channels. They are, obviously, more compressed than most of the other channels but they also show ghosting of the images and a bar down the side of the screen.

Is it possible they come through a different satellite than the other channels and my dish is not adjusted for both?

OR

Am I to just deal with it?

Thanks,
Bob

Unfortunately / Fortunately with satellite and digital television if your picture does not break up you have "perfect" reception (You can tweak the dish for better signal strength but that will not improve the quality of the image), the quality depends on the compression used by the broadcaster, there's nothing you can do about that other than complain to the broadcaster. ;)

Unfortunately / Fortunately with satellite and digital television if your picture does not break up you have "perfect" reception (You can tweak the dish for better signal strength but that will not improve the quality of the image), the quality depends on the compression used by the broadcaster, there's nothing you can do about that other than complain to the broadcaster. ;)

Or just go ahead and put up an OTA antenna, you will get better picture, and you may even get channels you never even knew existed. In my case I have KNBC 4, just with dish, with OTA antenna, I also have 4.2,4.3, same goes for many other channels. Give it a try if OTA antenna does not work just make sure you can take it back, such as Wal-Mart in that case you don't loose anything.:up

Or just go ahead and put up an OTA antenna, you will get better picture, and you may even get channels you never even knew existed. In my case I have KNBC 4, just with dish, with OTA antenna, I also have 4.2,4.3, same goes for many other channels. Give it a try if OTA antenna does not work just make sure you can take it back, such as Wal-Mart in that case you don't loose anything.:up

Good thought but OTA doesn't work in our area. Maybe with a roof Antenna....

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)