Local channels questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Camplate

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 28, 2004
We just got local channels, H-burg PA area.

First, I'm assuming the message that says Hburg will NOT need a multi-dish system is true? I only have a single LND (?) right now.

Second, has anyone else noticed problems with PBS, or any local stations not shwoing the same show? There's a PBS show on right now that's local (from an antenna), but from the satillite it's not the same show at all.

Third, there's a station which is not being broadcast, a UPN station. And there's no local WB. So what's going to happen?

Thank you for the web site and any information.

This what the DirecTV website says about Harrisburg stations:

-------------
Local Channels Available

We're happy to offer you these Harrisburg-Lancaster PA stations:

Network Affiliate Local Channel # 3-Digit Channel # (for older receivers)
NBC WGAL 8 916
CBS WHP 21 917
ABC WHTM 27 918
PBS PBS 33 996
FOX WPMT 43 919
---------

I suspect they haven't reached agreement with the local UPN station.
And if there is no WB, they can't very well broadcast it.
D* claims to be providing Channel 33 for you -- the Harrisburg PBS station.
Have you called DirecTV corporate (the programming department) to ask?

local channels: PBS

It is not showing the local channel. Last night from 8 - 10 were more local type shows, they had something different on. Right now it should be BBC news and it's mister rogers. When the shows do match up, the channel logo isn't on the screen like it is with the OTA signal.

Not complaining since I can get it OTA, but wondering if others noticed similiar.
I'll call DircTV later to ask them about it. I might be moving so it won't matter. Job interview in 150 minutes.

It appears to me that the PBS feed in the Harrisburg area is the PBSX feed (the one on channel 384). This feed is a day behind regular PBS stations when it comes to non-news programming.

I've also noticed that Red Lion Broadcasting (channel 49) could be showing up soon, on channel 920. I don't know what has happened to the UPN station.

That's odd that they are using PBSX. Maybe they haven't been able to work out a way to get a good signal to the uplink yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)