Local channels saying off air after 11:00pm

shellyw9

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
I have noticed for the last two days that when prime time hours were done the guide says off air for all the local channels. I am in the Flint MI Market. Anyone have any idea why

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Why wouldn't it? It's dish moving transponders, not the Channel doing anything....

The guide information comes from the same location regardless if the channel is off air versus satelite

The information on the sat channel is being blocked by Dish. The OTA info is untouched.

The guide information comes from the same location regardless if the channel is off air versus satelite

Plenty of times our local PBS is off air on satellite, but go to the OTA and there it is with the guide info if that's what you mean. I'm not sure I'm following I guess.

I just wanted to make sure we were not losing channels. I am not able to pull locals with an antenna. Dish is the only way I can get them without putting up a massive antenna.

I am supposed to be on the eastern arc but I am on the western. I get 110/119/129 and 61.5. Locals are on 61.5

I am supposed to be on the eastern arc but I am on the western. I get 110/119/129 and 61.5. Locals are on 61.5 Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So you have a wing dish at 61.5. This configuration is good and you will not need to be changed over.

Yes I do have a wing dish. That is why I haven't been changed.

I have noticed for the last two days that when prime time hours were done the guide says off air for all the local channels. I am in the Flint MI Market. Anyone have any idea why?

They are doing some shuffling of the transponders...

Thanks for asking and answering, guys. Saves me a trip to MI to play tech support.

My mom was telling me about this and was saying her Hopper was freezing up. I had her reboot and when she came back, it's was working. I guess she hadn't tried changing the channel.

Yes I do have a wing dish. That is why I haven't been changed. Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yes The reason for the EA is so you receive your locals in the future. Since you have 61.5 for locals and 129 for HD you are all set

Not exactly, but close. 129 won't give all the channels in HD, most. (He does have the rest of the WA so he is all set)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)