local channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jlahman

Original poster
May 21, 2012
live in southcentral pa. does anyone else have problems with local station reception? i do live in trees n yesterday when the wind was blowing i kept loosing the local ch. i think dish changed satallites from 77 to 61.5

what locals do you get? What market?

Sounds like a tree branch is moving in front of the dish which is obstructing it. The dish probably needs to be moved to a better spot

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
I don't currently see anything for these locals on our known channel issue list. Are you getting signal loss messages, or what exactly is going on with the channels?

He said something about the wind blowing and trees. My guess the trees have finally got in the way.

The locals for the Harrisburg market moved from 77 to 61.5 back around Feb-Mar. You wouldn't have noticed the change until the trees filled in.

Check your signal strength on 61.5 transponder 30. If it moves with the trees, there's your problem.

I've had a few problems recently on my locals, but it's more of the "rain predictor" variety. Being a little south of HLLY, the rain is causing issues on 61.5 before the rains come. Once the rain's here, the channels are back...

J

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts