Local channels

The local channels for Paris, IL should be from Champaign. That is the Designated Marketing Area that Paris is part of. Are you saying that you are not receiving Champaign local channel? Or, is it another area you would rather see?

Is it still possible to change or location online to get different local channels? We don't get our actual local channels and it sucks.

You can chat with Dish, and tell them that you have moved, and have all of your equipment setup and ready to go.
Then give them an address (I wouldn’t use an actual one, use one close to an actual address) in the city that is in the TV market you would like to receive.
Remember, you will have to be able to ‘see’ the spot beam that the locals you want are on.
I.E. if your in Illinois, you couldn’t get locals from say, New York or Los Angeles, or Denver.

Tell them you want to change your service address, but leave the billing address where it is. That way, any correspondence will still be sent to your house, not to the fictional service address you give them. ;)

We live in our RV full time, and as we move around we often leave our service address at a previous location until we reach the current spot beam limits. We're currently near Pownal, VT for instance, and when we move to our base site in the southern Adirondacks, we'll just leave the service address where it is, since it's partly in the same market area. I say "partly" because our NY site is in the Albany, NY DMA, while Pownal, VT is in Bennington County, one of the rare places that gets dual market coverage. An act of congress gave Bennington County access to both the Albany, NY locals and the Burlington, VT locals, even though the county is only in the Albany DMA.

You can chat with Dish, and tell them that you have moved, and have all of your equipment setup and ready to go.
Then give them an address (I wouldn’t use an actual one, use one close to an actual address) in the city that is in the TV market you would like to receive.
Remember, you will have to be able to ‘see’ the spot beam that the locals you want are on.
I.E. if your in Illinois, you couldn’t get locals from say, New York or Los Angeles, or Denver.

But he could probably get Chicago

Reactions: Amber Farris
Looks like Indianapolis on Western Arc would work, as well as Chicago on Eastern Arc

Attachments

• E14_SBA12.jpg
    E14_SBA12.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 159
  • E16_SB55.jpg
    E16_SB55.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: Amber Farris
I am so sorry it took me so long to reply. It wasn't updating with the responses. Thank you for the responses!! We are in the Champaign/Springfield/Decatur local area per Dish, BUT we are over an hour away from Champaign. We live very close to the Illinois/Indiana line and Terre Haute locals are really what we've always watched. If we lived a mile south or west we would get those stations, but because we crossed county lines moving to this house we get the other channels due to the government regulations. I could use my in-laws address, 2 miles driveway to driveway, and get the other channels. I just didn't know if that was easily feasible or if I had to jump through a hoop while juggling for them to do it for me.

I am so sorry it took me so long to reply. It wasn't updating with the responses. Thank you for the responses!! We are in the Champaign/Springfield/Decatur local area per Dish, BUT we are over an hour away from Champaign. We live very close to the Illinois/Indiana line and Terre Haute locals are really what we've always watched. If we lived a mile south or west we would get those stations, but because we crossed county lines moving to this house we get the other channels due to the government regulations. I could use my in-laws address, 2 miles driveway to driveway, and get the other channels. I just didn't know if that was easily feasible or if I had to jump through a hoop while juggling for them to do it for me.
Good description of the problem. If your In-Laws do not have DISH you are good to go. Call DISH and tell them you moved and already installed the DISH and have moved the receivers you just need to give them the new address. If you don't have a separate address (like a post office box) then keep in mind all correspondence from DISH will go to your In-Laws. If you do have a Post Office box you can have that as your mailing address. It is not impossible to keep your current address as the mailing address but I wouldn't do it.

Good description of the problem. If your In-Laws do not have DISH you are good to go. Call DISH and tell them you moved and already installed the DISH and have moved the receivers you just need to give them the new address. If you don't have a separate address (like a post office box) then keep in mind all correspondence from DISH will go to your In-Laws. If you do have a Post Office box you can have that as your mailing address. It is not impossible to keep your current address as the mailing address but I wouldn't do it.
Why not use your present address as the billing address. There are many, many people right here that do and there is no issue at all....