Local CW Affiliate shows in Guide, but is error 721

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DMarshal17

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2008
Moss Point, MS
Meaning I'm not subscribed to a local channel (WNOL CW affiliate, ch 38) So I called DTV up last night and was told there was a "glitch" in my receiver. Which, being in IT, I don't accept that answer, so I pushed the rep to give me to a manager.

I was told to go to the "Channels I get View" and the manager was shocked that I was already using this view, and the channel was still showing active (but not viewable).

So finally the manager decides to do some research and finds that my zip code (39562) does not have a CW affiliate and cannot service me with that channel. I push her to tell my why is shows in my guide at all, but no answer.

BUT, when I go to CW's website, I have 2 affiliates that are on other cable companies that are received in my same zip code.

Wow, only been with DTV for a week and already ticked off.

Anyone know how I can get CW on DTV at this point?

upload_2016-10-12_13-55-57.png

I've requested DNS availability. I shouldn't have to do this, as Channel 38 is showing all of the guide, but tells me I'm not subscribed...really upset at this.

So you are in Moss Point ,MS, not Mobile.
Biloxi DMA is authorized for WNOL Ch 38 CW out of New Orleans.
The channel approval is by Zip Code and you may be in a Twilight zone, too far East for New Orleans authorization, yet west of AL-MS line and not eligible for Mobile CW 55.
Given the fact that CW is "close by" and OTA signals likely available at your site, I would not be surprised if DNS is denied. A true twilight experience, Sorry. :(

Have you reset and reauthorized your receiver just to see if it will reset available channels??

Doctor j

Status
Please reply by conversation.