Local Dish retailer says new Hopper OTA adapter to be released January 24

I would be interested in hearing how it performs in single tuner mode. If it has shipped some folks may be getting it over the next few days.

there was no way to add channels that I could receive from a different direction (after rotating the antenna).

Also, the tuner in my TV is much better than the current HWS/OTA dongle. I could pick up over twice as many stations with my TV vs the Dish tuner. I hope that the new OTA adapter has a better tuner.

I have a VIP211K and I am able to add more channels after rotating my antenna. Also, the tuner on my receiver is at least as good, if not better, than the tuner on my Samsung TV. I like the tuner on the receiver because it has a meter built in to fine tune the antenna for the best signal. So, some people have different experiences than your own.

Reactions: pattykay
I have a VIP211K and I am able to add more channels after rotating my antenna. Also, the tuner on my receiver is at least as good, if not better, than the tuner on my Samsung TV. I like the tuner on the receiver because it has a meter built in to fine tune the antenna for the best signal. So, some people have different experiences than your own.
Thats a 211k, he was Talking about a Hopper.

We all know the ViP units are better at OTA than those Hoppers with USB dongle.

Nice tax on the early adopters, being the sole source at the moment. :confused:
If people are paying $64.99 or $69.99, well, the price isn't too high. Plus, how does DD have this yet Dish doesn't ? Is Dish choosing not to sell it yet and told DD this ? I don't see one available from a place like Solid Signal yet either. I don't know who the bigger resellers are to check.

Reality is, no one needs this module. It's merely a convenience items (guide integration, ability to record, etc).

If people are paying $64.99 or $69.99, well, the price isn't too high. Plus, how does DD have this yet Dish doesn't ? Is Dish choosing not to sell it yet and told DD this ? I don't see one available from a place like Solid Signal yet either. I don't know who the bigger resellers are to check.

Reality is, no one needs this module. It's merely a convenience items (guide integration, ability to record, etc).
When I get caught up today I will try to order two OTA adapters thru DIRT and see what they have to say.

I sent a message to DIRT member Jessica asking her to order me two each Dual-Tuner USB OTA Adapters
. Will post here what her response is.

I sent a message to DIRT member Jessica asking her to order me two each Dual-Tuner USB OTA Adapters. Will post here what her response is.
Here is Jessica's answer: "Hello there! Unfortunately, we are out of stock at this time. We should be getting more soon however an exact date has not been communicated as of yet." WOW, DISH sure ran out of stock fast!

If Dish had them in one of their warehouses, why weren't they selling any ? A manufacturing run of an item like this will surely involve thousands, if not tens of thousands. I can't see Dish Depot stocking more than a 100 or so of these.

There's a big difference between DISH warehouses for distributors and retailers and the DISH store. Sometimes it takes quite a while to make it to 'the store'.

The only thing I know for sure is that our distributor says they will arrive at their main locations next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)