Local HD channels for Huntsville, AL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lgabb

Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
I switched from D* back to Comcast a few years ago when I bought an EDTV and wanted local channels in HD. I would love to get back to satellite and actually ordered E* through AT&T as E* offered locals in HD. The installer looked at my 12/12 pitch roof and steeply sloped lot and on a 101 degree Sunday afternoon in Alabama, declined the install stating there were line of site issues (even though the D* dish worked fine 3 years ago). Anyway, my question is: Is there a list somewhere showing the order in which D* will bring locals HD online? If Huntsville, AL DMA is going HD this year, then I may go ahead and order D*. I'm about 70 miles away from Huntsville so HD OTA reception is marginal at best.

Any and all lists are speculative at this time. From what I can tell, Huntsville is DMA #84 (not sure how accurate that ranking is or when it was updated). Considering that D* has already broken into about 65-70 HD-LIL markets and the new sat is supposed to have room for at least 50 DMA's, there is a good chance that Huntsville will appear fairly soon. But no guarantees on that...just more speculation.

And coming from someone in a similar climate, I can appreciate not wanting to get up on a roof past 8am for the next month or so. I actually used to have to paint/repair tin roofs in the summer and that was Hell on earth, I am certain of that. :)

I'm in the same boat lgabb....but I will tell you this much. I can't get a straight answer from WHNT, WAFF, or WAAY. I also know there is NOT a local receive facility in Huntsville for HD channels...only SD. Do a google search on Local Receive Facilities and go to D* website..and view the list...without a LRF for HD....you won't see HD locally.

It sucks too..I'm in a blind area because of the mountains.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)