Local HD channels for Huntsville, AL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lgabb

Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
I switched from D* back to Comcast a few years ago when I bought an EDTV and wanted local channels in HD. I would love to get back to satellite and actually ordered E* through AT&T as E* offered locals in HD. The installer looked at my 12/12 pitch roof and steeply sloped lot and on a 101 degree Sunday afternoon in Alabama, declined the install stating there were line of site issues (even though the D* dish worked fine 3 years ago). Anyway, my question is: Is there a list somewhere showing the order in which D* will bring locals HD online? If Huntsville, AL DMA is going HD this year, then I may go ahead and order D*. I'm about 70 miles away from Huntsville so HD OTA reception is marginal at best.

Any and all lists are speculative at this time. From what I can tell, Huntsville is DMA #84 (not sure how accurate that ranking is or when it was updated). Considering that D* has already broken into about 65-70 HD-LIL markets and the new sat is supposed to have room for at least 50 DMA's, there is a good chance that Huntsville will appear fairly soon. But no guarantees on that...just more speculation.

And coming from someone in a similar climate, I can appreciate not wanting to get up on a roof past 8am for the next month or so. I actually used to have to paint/repair tin roofs in the summer and that was Hell on earth, I am certain of that. :)

I'm in the same boat lgabb....but I will tell you this much. I can't get a straight answer from WHNT, WAFF, or WAAY. I also know there is NOT a local receive facility in Huntsville for HD channels...only SD. Do a google search on Local Receive Facilities and go to D* website..and view the list...without a LRF for HD....you won't see HD locally.

It sucks too..I'm in a blind area because of the mountains.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)