Receiver per TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alphamale2k

Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
8th ring of Hell
Recently moved from E* to D*. Noticed during ordering that (1) receiver runs (1) TV for D*. I had E* ViP622 that ran (2) TV's.
Is it possible to do the same w/D*?
Uncertain what receiver will be installed from D*.

you can use the other outputs on the dvr but you can't change the channels individually like the vip622 can do in one room and in another room a different channel. you could also add to your order a free standard receiver.

If you want to watch a different channel on each TV you will need an additional reciever. Each reciever only puts out 1 channel at a time. Each additonal reciever has a monthly fee of $5.

You can have 2 tv's connected to 1 receiver but, you will have to watch the same channel on both. The recievers have multiple outputs so that is not a problem.

Is it possible to do the same w/D*?
To date, all D* receivers have a single output stream regardless of how many tuners they have. Note also that even the older HD DVRs that had four tuners can only record two live programs simultaneously.
Uncertain what receiver will be installed from D*.
You won't know that until the installer opens up the boxes.

...You won't know that until the installer opens up the boxes.

I dunno why but when you said that all I could envision was techs getting brown unmarked boxes, a grab-bag of sorts.. The tech not even sure what he is going to put in...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts