Local HD Channels Pixelating

Status
Please reply by conversation.

STLDave

Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Local HD Channels Pixelating

For over six months all my local HD channels keep pixelating and freezing up. I have had four different companies, through DirecTV, all come to my house and replace everything including the dish, the lines in to the house, the lines within the house, the switch thing that all the lines come in to, the B converters, and the receiver (3 different times). I currently have the HR21 HD DVR, however this problem started when I had the HR20 HD DVR.

Nothing has fixed the problem. All the technicians say the signal strength is fine and nothing else could be the problem.

Here is the really odd thing. This happens at the exact same time every day. From 10:00 am cst - 11:00 am cst and again from 7:00 pm cst - 10:00 pm cst is when the problem occurs. Outside of those times everything works great. Even during those times, all other HD channels work fine, as well as the non HD local channels.

As much as I don't want to, this is my last hope before switching to cable.

Any suggestions?

are you doing anything different around the house between any of those hours. I have E* and i get my local HD's via an outside an hdtv antenna. and if i run the microwave lol this happens.

This happens to me also. On my new HR21

Notice Locals HD pixelating. never noticed on Dish receiver, which had OTA locals.

The HR21 has is mainly happening on ABC, here in San Francisco area.

I am not doing anything differnet during these times. HD OTA locals are fine, only the HD locals through DirecTV is having this problem. I even checked with my neighbors, who also have DirecTV, and they are not having these problems.

This is out on a limb but do you live near an airport or have any air activity around your house at those times? I was on a job near midway one time and those darn plains block satellite signal when your dish points right in the path of a runway, and your house is just about on top of it. Need less to say I couldn't keep that one a customer.

I was out at another job, and the lady lived near high voltage power lines. The ones with the 400 ft towers. Com Ed was replacing a line on one of those towers and doing maintenance and a helicopter would drop some line off at the same time for three months straight. Well after several trouble calls, I was the tech who finally discovered what it was. Once the chopper left, signal restored. I did end up going back to that house a month after they finished to upgrade the customer to HD. (I was working for dish at the time) She said that once they finished working on the power lines, she never lost signal again.

Have the same issue in Atlanta. Usually happens during prime time to all the local HD Affils. OTA is fine it is just the Satellite stuff that gets the digital hits. It looks to me to be more of a local affil uplink problem more than likely since nothing else has this problem during the same times. So it may very well the local affiliate's HD uplink to Direct is the problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts