Local HD - How to get it...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dentonpc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
Illinois
I live in Chicago and have had HD for a year or so. I was told that D* would call me to do the upgrade to MPEG4. I have to assume at this point that it is not the case.

How are you supposed to get things like these upgrades if you don't look at these boards all the time.

...Anyway, is my answer simply that I have to call if I want to get it done?

OK 1 more - if I call now, an I going to end up leasing this stuff now?

dentonpc said:
I live in Chicago and have had HD for a year or so. I was told that D* would call me to do the upgrade to MPEG4. I have to assume at this point that it is not the case.

I thought it was announced that since it was "leaked out" about the upgrades and so many people started calling DirecTV way before their time, that the new policy was any customers interested would just now call in.????

How are you supposed to get things like these upgrades if you don't look at these boards all the time.

Check the DirecTV site, read the inserts, and call the retention line every now and then.

...Anyway, is my answer simply that I have to call if I want to get it done?

Yes.

OK 1 more - if I call now, an I going to end up leasing this stuff now?

You will need to ask retention when you call them; you may call a regular CSR but they are fully scripted, so escalate you call immediately if you do not call retention directly.

Last edited:
heres a clue,

Attachments

• pr7037 prostar.gif
    pr7037 prostar.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 198
dragon002 said:
heres a clue,

Way too good.:D Post of the Year Nominee and my laugh of the weekend, for sure.

Dragon's picture was my first thought when I read the heading. Who'd have thought a roof antenna would be such a hot technology?

well, if all you want is LOCAL HD and you are close enough, why not?

they say it is a better pic and you save $$$$

the picture was cute, i have to admit:devil:

Status
Please reply by conversation.