Local HD on VIP 622 but not on VIP612

etzelb

Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Georgia
Yesterday Dish added HD locals to Augusta GA. I have a VIP622 that received the updates OK. All local channals are now in HD on this receiver. I also have a VIP612 that received the update but a message on each channel that said:

"Sorry for the interruption. There is no need to call us. We are working to have this channel back as soon as possible."

Both receivers are on the same dish. I called Dish anyway and went through all the standard test. He couldn't upderstand why the receiver was doing this. He wanted to send me a new receiver. I said I would wait a few days to see if Dish does get it fixed. All other programing works great.

What would dish have to do to get these channels back.:confused::confused:

I'd also unplug it, wait a few minutes, plug it back in, and see if it works then. If you've already done that, it is probably a receiver problem. That error can also pop up when the OTA tuner loses lock on a channel.

Yes I had already did the check switch and unpluged it befor I called Tech Support. He had me do them also. I also did a reload of the channel guide. I think there is something that Dish must sent to the receiver to allow the programing. The message on the channels is from Dish.

Yes I had already did the check switch and unpluged it befor I called Tech Support. He had me do them also. I also did a reload of the channel guide. I think there is something that Dish must sent to the receiver to allow the programing. The message on the channels is from Dish.

That message is an internal one that the receiver puts up when it isn't detecting a signal. Otherwise, your other receiver wouldn't be getting the channels. If they've reauthorized your receiver, it is likely time for a replacement. The 612s have lots of problems from time to time.

That message is an internal one that the receiver puts up when it isn't detecting a signal. Otherwise, your other receiver wouldn't be getting the channels. If they've reauthorized your receiver, it is likely time for a replacement. The 612s have lots of problems from time to time.
I very much disagree with this recommendation. I think there is no way this problem is a 612 problem. My strong suggestion to the OP is to hold onto a good 612 until they pry it from your cold dead fingers. The refurbished replacement will be as Laddyboy suggested. (I have two brand new 612's which have given us no problem other than my daughter unplugging hers during a firmware update...)

Well I have the local HD on the 612. I guess thay had to send a signal to get the HD locals. I checked today and they worked.

When I was checking the 622 I checked the transponder #3 on 119, I had a good signal. I then checked it on the 612, but it showed no signal. After getting the locals on the 612 I checked #3 again and the signal was good.

Can Dish prevent a receiver from receiving one transponder, #3 from 119 in my case for the 612.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)