Local HD Question...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jfricker

Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
First off THANKS everybody that answered my self install questions, got everything up and going with hardly any problem at all!:D

I assume that the local HD feeds and some of the other HD feeds are not 16:9 aspect? The movie chanels and some of the sports chanels are full screen on my TV but the locals in HD are smaller and have bars on each side. I have tried to work away from that with the settings but can live with it if it is normal.:confused:

1 Last question, no preference settings for the banners color, size etc? Just wondering....
:mad:

Thanks again!

First off THANKS everybody that answered my self install questions, got everything up and going with hardly any problem at all!:D

I assume that the local HD feeds and some of the other HD feeds are not 16:9 aspect? The movie chanels and some of the sports chanels are full screen on my TV but the locals in HD are smaller and have bars on each side. I have tried to work away from that with the settings but can live with it if it is normal.:confused:

1 Last question, no preference settings for the banners color, size etc? Just wondering....
:mad:

Thanks again!
Hi... If your local is in fact sending out a full HD signal (check it during prime time programming, not syndicated stuff) your screen will fill 16X9 and it will be OBVIOUS you're getting HD. In my local one of the local news is broadcast in HD, the other three are SD but in digital HD bandwith. They are 4X3 but look very good.

Filling the screen with an SD signal can be selected in the setup "Display" section. you can "stretch" or set the pillar box color if you choose to not stretch. However , when you get an HD signal is will automatically fill the screen. HTH:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)