Spike HD, MTVHD, VH1HD, NIckHD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pete409

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Has their been ANY HD programming at all on these channels? I keep checking every day and have yet to see any programs at all in HD.

Is there a point for launching these channels if absolutely nothing is in HD?

No to your first question, and yes to your second! Directv has made these channels available to us for when they do start broadcasting in HD! Now, isn't that nice of them? We won't have to call and beg for them to add them!

Whats sad is you are seeing that the Stadard Definition feed is really supposed to look like and how bad both companies compression really is on those channels. Imagined if all the SD channels looked like that (which is the way they are supposed to look). :)

Whats sad is you are seeing that the Stadard Definition feed is really supposed to look like and how bad both companies compression really is on those channels. Imagined if all the SD channels looked like that (which is the way they are supposed to look). :)

Though the SD feed from DIRECTV is bad, it is significantly better than the analog feed from my local cable company.

Seems that from the content providers side they have taken 2 very different approaches for simulcast channels.

1) Not offer the HD channel until they are fully ready to provide some content (as the case with Disney and ToonDisney and some others.

2) Not begin to assemble HD content until AFTER they get carriage. As exemplified by channels mentioned.

But even if number 2 is the case, they had to get on the air to get them to step up to the plate. Hopefully now they will put together programming that is worthy of the nameplate HD.

I'm thinking to myself that it's better to have them on and ready then to have to start begging channel by channel for them to be added AFTER they have more HD content. I don't care how they are 'counted' in the meantime, I know what they are showing, that's what I care about.

Exactly ScoBuck, look at the people who said the same thing about SciFi when it first aired to now. E*subs were once screaming there's no HD content to now screaming we what this channel.

Exactly ScoBuck, look at the people who said the same thing about SciFi when it first aired to now. E*subs were once screaming there's no HD content to now screaming we what this channel.

Except Sci Fi was airing HD the night it launched, plus a couple of its original series were airing in HD that week.

So far we've yet to see any HD from the networks named above.

Many program providers are building infustructure for HD broadcasting like the Weather Channel is building a new studio just for HD.

Many will start full HD broadcasting early this coming year. :hungry:

Take TBS as an example. The playoffs were in HD, the premier of FrankTV and the Ellen Show were in HD but subsequent FrankTV's and replays, were not in HD and are presented in TBS crap-stretchovision. Even with content, they still screw it up. Go figure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)