help!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trackside13

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
Signed up for d* on 11/15 right when they started thier newest offer. At that time they were giving a discount for the 4 movie channels and 20$ off 12 months. I signed up for the premire package since it includes the 4 movie channels it was an additional 34$? off I believe. Now that they just finished they say I didnt sign up for the programming and they no longer have that price for the premier package. any ideas?

Pull out your paperwork and or online receipts you printed and saved so you can show them exactly what you did an when. They also sent you emailed versions and confirmations if you did an online sale.

Signed up for d* on 11/15 right when they started thier newest offer. At that time they were giving a discount for the 4 movie channels and 20$ off 12 months. I signed up for the premire package since it includes the 4 movie channels it was an additional 34$? off I believe. Now that they just finished they say I didnt sign up for the programming and they no longer have that price for the premier package. any ideas?

Ask to speak to retention, explain what the CSR did.

They already activated myrecievers without programming so theyre basically telling me to get f"ed. this is unbelievable i was really looking forward to this too

3 hours on the phone-wouldnt hook up two of the receivers so I went up in the attack and ran mt own wires. Then no discount on programming package when I already signed up for one. I finally decided to eat the 200 I paid for the hd dvr and told em to forget it. This was the worst expeience Ive ever had with anyone.

3 hours on the phone-wouldnt hook up two of the receivers so I went up in the attack and ran mt own wires. Then no discount on programming package when I already signed up for one. I finally decided to eat the 200 I paid for the hd dvr and told em to forget it. This was the worst expeience Ive ever had with anyone.

Did you contact the retention department like jtn suggested?

Still wondering about your copies and receipts? Do you not have any of that? And if not, why not? Would solve all your headaches and give you a leg to stand on.

that promotion is still going on with the rest of the season free. who did you order your equipment through? D* or some other affiliate?

Still wondering about your copies and receipts? Do you not have any of that? And if not, why not? Would solve all your headaches and give you a leg to stand on.
I am guessing he didnt. This is a must on any deal that you make.

I ordered ovethe phone but was given the exact deal that i was looking at on the website so I never had a reciept/paperwork. I should of just hung up with the retention lady I was with and called back to try and get someone different but at that point I was just getting furious. But after the fight about programming they told me they wouldnt activate the 2 other receivers I had purchased because they werent purchased from them. Even though theese were previously purchased from best buy they are still considered leased after their first owner cancells his service??? Basically after the install was finished I was going to be spending 252$ more in programming over the next year and I had to purchase the extra hddvr299$ and hd199$ receivers form them. So let this also be a lesson to those out there who are trying to cut corners and dont wanna fork over 299 to directv if you want more than one hddvr it prolly wont work. Why would I make this up I could care less who I have for a provider it was all about more hd for the same price but now Im stuck without TV till sunday with a fiance whos gonna wanna have some nice alone/talking time.

Sorry, but my last 3 friends and family ALL used the online method followed by or in conjunction with a telephone conversation and ALL got confirmation paperwork within 12 hours stating EXACTLY what they were going to receive and when; in fact I think they got 3 separate emails all confirming the order; then payment; then install. You must have ignored or deleted all these thinking it was junk mail or MAYBE as stated above you are pulling our chains.

Sorry, but my last 3 friends and family ALL used the online method followed by or in conjunction with a telephone conversation and ALL got confirmation paperwork within 12 hours stating EXACTLY what they were going to receive and when; in fact I think they got 3 separate emails all confirming the order; then payment; then install. You must have ignored or deleted all these thinking it was junk mail or MAYBE as stated above you are pulling our chains.
well lets not write him off yet, did you get any emails from D* that might still be in your inbox or junk mail folder?

I received nothing through email but I did get a directv order receipt but the only thing it had on it was the price of the hddvr,install,s+h,and the total. Nothing about programing. On the back was a gift redemption form. I have a lot better things to do then make this up.

I didnt check out using the internet I just used that to go through the pricing with the csr. I made the appointment and payment over the phone-I dont even recall them asking for my email.

I ordered ovethe phone but was given the exact deal that i was looking at on the website so I never had a reciept/paperwork. I should of just hung up with the retention lady I was with and called back to try and get someone different but at that point I was just getting furious. But after the fight about programming they told me they wouldnt activate the 2 other receivers I had purchased because they werent purchased from them. Even though theese were previously purchased from best buy they are still considered leased after their first owner cancells his service??? Basically after the install was finished I was going to be spending 252$ more in programming over the next year and I had to purchase the extra hddvr299$ and hd199$ receivers form them. So let this also be a lesson to those out there who are trying to cut corners and dont wanna fork over 299 to directv if you want more than one hddvr it prolly wont work. Why would I make this up I could care less who I have for a provider it was all about more hd for the same price but now Im stuck without TV till sunday with a fiance whos gonna wanna have some nice alone/talking time.

What is he talking about? Did he buy leased receivers off Ebay and because they were leased Directv wouldn't activate them. At first I thought he was an existing customer trying to claim new customer promotions. Now I am just confused about what his problem is?:mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)