Local HD Question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jhusted

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
I currently have Comcast and it sucks and is way over priced. So I'm looking in to DishNetwork and Directv and seeing what they have to offer. I noticed Directv has my Local HD channels, all but NBC HD. Does anyone know if Directv plans to add this anytime soon? Would it happen when they get their new Sat. launched in July?

Thanks for your time.

I currently have Comcast and it sucks and is way over priced. So I'm looking in to DishNetwork and Directv and seeing what they have to offer. I noticed Directv has my Local HD channels, all but NBC HD. Does anyone know if Directv plans to add this anytime soon? Would it happen when they get their new Sat. launched in July?

Thanks for your time.
:welcome to the site !!!

Normally when a city has most of the channels (Networks) on D* but not another, it is usually due to a contract negotiation that has not gone well. So to answer you question about it coming on board with the new sats, I would doubt it.

However, You failed to mention what city your looking for, there are alot of people out here scattered acrost the country, if you give us the city chances are someone in your area may have more info about it.

Jimbo

:welcome to the site !!!

Normally when a city has most of the channels (Networks) on D* but not another, it is usually due to a contract negotiation that has not gone well. So to answer you question about it coming on board with the new sats, I would doubt it.

However, You failed to mention what city your looking for, there are alot of people out here scattered acrost the country, if you give us the city chances are someone in your area may have more info about it.

Jimbo

I'll bet you dollars to donuts the channel he is missing is owned by LIN or Sinclair.

Here in Tulsa when D* launched HD locals it was three out of the four. About a month later the forth (CBS) was added. Not sure of the reason (contract or equipment issues) so your best bet is to talk to the station to find out.

When they are a LIN station does that mean the owners or whomever are a bunch a DIC#s when it comes to allowing their channel to be shown through the dish?

When they are a LIN station does that mean the owners or whomever are a bunch a DIC#s when it comes to allowing their channel to be shown through the dish?

That is pretty much it. They have not bargained fairly with most carriers for their hd channels. Until recently, about the only place you could find them was on Comcast.

Here in Tulsa when D* launched HD locals it was three out of the four. About a month later the forth (CBS) was added. Not sure of the reason (contract or equipment issues) so your best bet is to talk to the station to find out.

It just took Griffin Communications a bit longer to work out the negotiations for KOTV 6 (Tulsa) and KWTV 9 (Oklahoma City, both CBS) than it did the others.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)