Local HDs in Baton Rouge

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rupert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Slaughter, LA
Anyone have an idea when Local HD channels through D* might be availabe for the Baton Rouge, Louisiana market? I've heard that New Orleans has theirs up. I've tried an OTA antenna mounted on my dish, but I'm just too far out to get good signals from all the broadcasters. I can only pick up one station.

Anyone have an idea when Local HD channels through D* might be availabe for the Baton Rouge, Louisiana market? I've heard that New Orleans has theirs up. I've tried an OTA antenna mounted on my dish, but I'm just too far out to get good signals from all the broadcasters. I can only pick up one station.

The Baton Rouge DMA is actually covered by OTA from all the networks very well except for WAFB CBS.

I know folks as far as Clinton getting all of the networks with a simple OTA setup.

I'm in Slaughter, a little closer than Clinton, and all I can pick up is LPB. I may need to put my OTA a little higher.

Finally! Some Baton Rouge people around here.

I don't mind DTV not having the HD locals. I have a 120" antenna in my attic, and get all the channels: 2,9,19,21,27,33,44 in HD. I think 19 and 21 are from New Orleans

I live off of Harells Ferry Rd (Off of ONeal) So, not too bad for being on the edge of town.

I'm in Slaughter, a little closer than Clinton, and all I can pick up is LPB. I may need to put my OTA a little higher.

All kidding aside... I was going an install for a single HDTV where no cable was available. I put the antenna on a temporary 5 foot pole to check a few spots for the best reception. To my surprise everything was almost pegging the signal strength meter. We ended up mounting it on the side of the house on the same pole. Since the install we've split it to two TV's, no amp was added, works great. Picks up NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, BR PBS, and sometimes we can get the Bude, MS PBS and some of the N.O. locals. Check out the CM4228, it's an awesome antenna. In Slaughter you would have no problems getting all of your networks with ease.

normal_NewCam_115.jpg

Finally! Some Baton Rouge people around here.

I don't mind DTV not having the HD locals. I have a 120" antenna in my attic, and get all the channels: 2,9,19,21,27,33,44 in HD. I think 19 and 21 are from New Orleans

I live off of Harells Ferry Rd (Off of ONeal) So, not too bad for being on the edge of town.

19 and 21 are analogs from the tower in Addis where FOX and NBC are broadcasting from.

All kidding aside... I was going an install for a single HDTV where no cable was available. I put the antenna on a temporary 5 foot pole to check a few spots for the best reception. To my surprise everything was almost pegging the signal strength meter. We ended up mounting it on the side of the house on the same pole. Since the install we've split it to two TV's, no amp was added, works great. Picks up NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, BR PBS, and sometimes we can get the Bude, MS PBS and some of the N.O. locals. Check out the CM4228, it's an awesome antenna. In Slaughter you would have no problems getting all of your networks with ease.

normal_NewCam_115.jpg

do you think it would fit in a small walk in closet (apartment dweller), I live near seigen & i10 and a indoor antenna only gets me Fox, and NBC cuts in and out a lot. I also get PBS but I could honestly care less about that.

The big ones for me is Fox, CBS, NBC, and to a lesser extent ABC. The first three channels have football on and occasionally ABC has a championship game or something on.

do you think it would fit in a small walk in closet (apartment dweller), I live near seigen & i10 and a indoor antenna only gets me Fox, and NBC cuts in and out a lot. I also get PBS but I could honestly care less about that.

The big ones for me is Fox, CBS, NBC, and to a lesser extent ABC. The first three channels have football on and occasionally ABC has a championship game or something on.

What type of antenna do you have now? From you location you should be able to get everything very easily with the right antenna. I know folks in your situation have had good luck with a "Silver Sensor" antenna.

What type of antenna do you have now? From you location you should be able to get everything very easily with the right antenna. I know folks in your situation have had good luck with a "Silver Sensor" antenna.

This is what I have.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2625059

All I get is a blocky NBC, a nice looking PBS, and decent looking FOX. If i turn on the amplifier I get nothing. The other kicker is I'm on the 3rd (and top) floor so I though it would have been real easy to get all of the locals ota. I'll mess with it some more tonight to see what I get.

This is what I have.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2625059

All I get is a blocky NBC, a nice looking PBS, and decent looking FOX. If i turn on the amplifier I get nothing. The other kicker is I'm on the 3rd (and top) floor so I though it would have been real easy to get all of the locals ota. I'll mess with it some more tonight to see what I get.

Yeah...that antenna doesn't work too well. Adjust the flat disc looking thing. That's going to affect all of your channels except for ABC-HD. The long antennas will pick up the ABC station.

I know a couple of folks that had excellent luck with a silver sensor, or if you can find a spot to put it, check out the CM4221.

Yeah...that antenna doesn't work too well. Adjust the flat disc looking thing. That's going to affect all of your channels except for ABC-HD. The long antennas will pick up the ABC station.

I know a couple of folks that had excellent luck with a silver sensor, or if you can find a spot to put it, check out the CM4221.

Thank you sir, I messed with the settings and I'm getting ABC, PBS, FOX, NBC, CBS and they seem to have enough signal tonight. I'll check it out during the day time since it seems like at night they work better. My father has that silver sensor and it works pretty decent so I'll have to pick it up. Directv comes on Tuesday and I'd love to ditch cox all together :D.

Thanks again!

Thank you sir, I messed with the settings and I'm getting ABC, PBS, FOX, NBC, CBS and they seem to have enough signal tonight. I'll check it out during the day time since it seems like at night they work better. My father has that silver sensor and it works pretty decent so I'll have to pick it up. Directv comes on Tuesday and I'd love to ditch cox all together :D.

Thanks again!

Cox has an awesome deal on their internet. The performance and reliability is stellar here. It wasn't but a few dollars more for basic cable so I keep that and also use their QAM HD channels for CBS recordings, since that signal goes out when a frog urinates between here and downtown BR. Plus it gets me CW-HD but we don't watch much on there.

I love the no BellSouth/AT&T at my house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts