Local HD's on 61.5 options info from Dish

F

fire_317

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 21, 2004
I currently have a 1000.2 dish pointed to 110, 119 & 129. My local HD's (South Bend, IN.) are showing up on 61.5 (WNDU-HD). I contaced Dishnetwork via support chat today and got an "Advanced Tech Support" person. I explained to him that I was interested in getting my local HD's, but understood that I would have to add a dish aimed at 61.5 (I was requesting that they have someone come out to install it). I told him that a 2 dish setup is against my home owners association rules and that I have 2 brand new vip 722 receivers (my setup was just installed back in september) and that I knew that there was an eastern arc and single dish solution that I wanted my dish switched out to. The tech told me there is discussion going on right now specific to my situation and there should be a solution announced in the near future. I asked him if this solution was a single dish solution and he said yes. He told me to check back in February.

Thought you guys might be interested in that!

UNOmar

UNOmar

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 10, 2008
Omaha, NE
Consider me interested. I've got the same setup (only one 722) in Omaha, NE with HD locals only available on the 61.5 bird.

B

bighick

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 13, 2008
Omaha, Ne
I already had a wing dish installed, I really really really hate having 2 dishes.

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Yes, existing customers can shift over in Feb, depending upon where they live.

PS- Your homeowners association cannot limit you to a single dish.

F

fire_317

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 21, 2004
PS- Your homeowners association cannot limit you to a single dish.

Its in the bylaws...I am not going to try to fight them. I can wait since only 1 station is HD right now.

H

hendrix04

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 16, 2008
if you email the ceo address i bet you could get swapped over to eastern arc