Local Market HD games on Superfan again this season?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

msajeff

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Illinois
Last year the local market games would be blacked out in SD on the ST channels but would be viewable in HD on the SF channels. This was in a market where the HD locals were available. This never mattered much because "my" team was almost never on the local channels. We have moved and now live in a market without local HD channels and where "my" team is the local team.

I was going to make the move over to cable due to reception issues and HD locals not being available from DTV. The installer left this afternoon and about 5 minutes later the out of the box HD-DVR (Moto 6416) went belly up. They can't fix it until Wed. So I am left with two options. If the HD's for my team will be available on SF, it's a no-brainer to stick with DTV and throw cable's crappy equipment back at 'em. If not, cancel ST/SF in anticipation of cancelling (or putting a hold on the acct. until after the SB) DTV and just accept the inability to watch tomorrow's game in HD. At this point, I gave cable a chance and they fumbled it away.

Does anyone know for sure if the local market games will be available on Superfan's HD channels??? AND...is the DTV OTA antenna better than any indoor HD antenna I could get for under $50?

I was wondering the same thing. I have not heard one word so it will be a wait and see.

Last year the local market games would be blacked out in SD on the ST channels but would be viewable in HD on the SF channels. This was in a market where the HD locals were available. This never mattered much because "my" team was almost never on the local channels. We have moved and now live in a market without local HD channels and where "my" team is the local team.

I was going to make the move over to cable due to reception issues and HD locals not being available from DTV. The installer left this afternoon and about 5 minutes later the out of the box HD-DVR (Moto 6416) went belly up. They can't fix it until Wed. So I am left with two options. If the HD's for my team will be available on SF, it's a no-brainer to stick with DTV and throw cable's crappy equipment back at 'em. If not, cancel ST/SF in anticipation of cancelling (or putting a hold on the acct. until after the SB) DTV and just accept the inability to watch tomorrow's game in HD. At this point, I gave cable a chance and they fumbled it away.

Does anyone know for sure if the local market games will be available on Superfan's HD channels??? AND...is the DTV OTA antenna better than any indoor HD antenna I could get for under $50?

First of all... :welcome to the site !!!

Seeing it's Saturday evening, I would say that you should just hang tight and find out tomorrow afternoon, then you will know for sure !
We really don't have any idea till then, they should not have really been on last year, but they were.

I like it when they are because then I can do all my viewing on the ST instead of bouncing back to the locals.

Jimbo

I too was told that any local game that was to be blacked out SD in one's, should have been so on the HD as well. So as stated above, only tomorrow will tell, and it will come as a nice surprise if the ARE ON, as I expect that they should not be.

I too was told that any local game that was to be blacked out SD in one's, should have been so on the HD as well. So as stated above, only tomorrow will tell, and it will come as a nice surprise if the ARE ON, as I expect that they should not be.

For the second year in a row !!!

It would be nice, but I warn people to NOT EXPECT it.
We were also suppose to see CBS step up and show all their games in HD, but there has been no official word about if that is going to actually happen either.

Jimbo

If not, cancel ST/SF in anticipation of cancelling (or putting a hold on the acct. until after the SB) DTV and just accept the inability to watch tomorrow's game in HD.

This sounds like a $350 gamble to me. If the game is not on SF in HD and you put your account on hold or cancel you will still pay for the entire ST and the SF, since you can't cancel once the season starts.

Since the SF is free for all ST subs tomorrow, you may want to cancel that and get $100 back (if you paid for it). You can also add it later at the same price.

Let us know how it works. FWIW, last year all HD games were on the SF for me, even if they were broadcast on the locals.

Looks like all the HD games are on and none are blacked out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)