Nothing yet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Not a peep out of Directv on the upcoming HD channls.You would think if it is this weekend they would be bragging by now.:confused:

They don't even have control of the satellite yet from Boeing. (from what I am told by my contacts this should happen tommorow)

The satellite needs to get into its premanent parking spot, a little bit of brief tests then channels will start to appear.

If all goes correctly channels could start apearing as soon as Saturday.

Keep your fingers crossed!

If its anything like last years RSN-HD launch, they didn't make any public announcement for like a week AFTER the channels were on. Makes sense to me - if they turn them on 'unofficially' they can play around with them if there are any tweaks needed - and can rightly say they are not launched as of yet.

They did the same thing with some of the early HD lil launches also, just turned them on without any press release for a few days or so.

I think you will see them before you hear about them personally.

We'll certainly hear about them in the forums before anything public from DirecTV.

I've read plenty of press releases about the upcoming hd channels, just nothing confirming any have gone live yet.

Rest assured that a major ad campaign is about to roll-out. I have seen some clips already.

Major - I repeat Major.

Scobuck, do you still have faith in your countdown?

(Just curious, not trying to back you in a corner.)

Even if there aren't any problems with the d10 as some sources, including some of mine, are still reporting, the tech savy people at dbs do not seem to think it's realistic for the public to see any new channels tomorrow. The sat has still not started to move toward its required destination.

Scobuck, do you still have faith in your countdown?

(Just curious, not trying to back you in a corner.)

YES. As of late yesterday, the handoff is expected and I believe that by the end of the day they will be adding some programming. At worst another day or so - but WHO CARES. This has become way too childish for me.

These are hundreds of millions of dollars worth of equipment. They proceed slowly and deliberately, and if it takes another hour, or day, I lose no sleep over it. I really don't care exactly what day/time it happens.

To harp on the minute details of this - well I'll leave that for others. As for me, I have a source that has been reliable for quite some time, and I simply re-post the stuff he gives to me. Plain and simple.

I know ScoBuck, all the threads and posts remind me of my 4 year old daughter. She is a HUGE fan of the Backyardigans and they have a premiere of Super Secret Spy next Monday. She has replayed the promo a thousand times and keeps asking when will we see it. Its not driving me crazy but actually fun to watch that level of excitement. Like when Christmas was the only thing. The only difference, she is 4 and others are .... Well you get the point. Its one thing to be happy and excited, its another thing to be saying "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet" in the back of the car.

Here is a list reported on dsb site from a member:

After years of preparation, we’re excited that the first wave of new HD channels should be on the air by the end of September. Here are the channels we expect to be available first:

A&E HD
Big Ten Network HD
Cartoon Network
Cinemax HD East
Cinemax HD West
CNN HD
ESPNews HD
Food Network HD
FSN New York HD
HBO HD West
HGTV-HD
The History Channel HD
Madison Square Garden HD
NFL Network HD
National Geographic Channel HD
Showtime HD West
Smithsonian Channel HD
Starz Comedy HD
Starz Edge HD
Starz Kids & Family HD
Starz HD East
Starz HD West
TBS in HD
The Movie Channel HD
Versus HD / Golf Channel HD
The Weather Channel HD

While details are still being finalized, we’re planning to bring up the following channels in October:

Animal Planet HD
Bravo HD
Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD
Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic HD
Discovery Channel HD
Fox Business Channel HD
FSN Detroit HD
FSN Prime Ticket HD
FSN Southwest HD
FSN West HD
Fuel TV HD
FX HD
The Learning Channel HD
MGM HD
NBA TV HD
New England Sports Network HD
The Science Channel HD
Sci-Fi Network HD
Speed Channel HD
SportsNet New York HD
USA Network HD
Yankees Entertainment & Sports HD

And that’s not all! Even though we don’t have a definite schedule yet, we’re expecting to bring you even more HD channels in the near future. Stay tuned to directv.com/hd to keep up with the latest HD news.

I know ScoBuck, all the threads and posts remind me of my 4 year old daughter. She is a HUGE fan of the Backyardigans and they have a premiere of Super Secret Spy next Monday. She has replayed the promo a thousand times and keeps asking when will we see it. Its not driving me crazy but actually fun to watch that level of excitement. Like when Christmas was the only thing. The only difference, she is 4 and others are .... Well you get the point. Its one thing to be happy and excited, its another thing to be saying "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet" in the back of the car.

I look at a 'little' different. It's more like trying to take any and every opportunity to stir trouble - and worse, over the most unimportant things out there. But what can you expect from some of our most 'trusted' members. lol.

I look at a 'little' different. It's more like trying to take any and every opportunity to stir trouble - and worse, over the most unimportant things out there. But what can you expect from some of our most 'trusted' members. lol.

LOL:D:D:D

But Bob's "sources" blah blah blah blah blah blah. Geez Q, don't you get it, even if your "sources" are correct no one wants to hear your wishful thinking of some kind of trouble or disaster. You once again never added anything that wasn't already stated so why repeat what others have said with your sources. If they have something new to say, let's hear it. I do not understand what you get out of this, I am being serious, what is it you do anyway, or is it some kind of big secret, I ask because you say you have D* because of your job, and I would like to know what that is?? Because if trolling is a paid job, well, your damn good at it!!

I certainly hope its NOT the same source that told him last year that NESN would NOT be a full-time channel on D*.

Well at least the one that said the red sox would finish in 1st place this year was more on the money.

I can confidently predict however that more than half of flyingj's upcoming posts will be ripping me.

Well at least the one that said the red sox would finish in 1st place this year was more on the money.

I can confidently predict however that more than half of flyingj's upcoming posts will be ripping me.

TVBob - couple of things:

1) Don't count your first place chickens before they hatch.

2) You will be right on the second one - and deservedly so.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts