Local sd channels volume

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dmj_rolltide

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
I get my locals out of Chattanooga Tennessee. For the past two days, NBC sd channel 3, and ABC sd channel 9, the volume is very low. Most of the time I set my tv volume around 20 to 25, now on these two channels I have to set it on 45 to 50, and it's still not very loud. CBS sd is also low volume, but we watch the HD version of CBS where the volume is fine.

Any one out there that gets their locals out of Chattanooga having the same problems with the low sound? And, any ideas what is causing this, and can anything be done to remedy the situation? Any help would be appreciated.

I wish DISH would get off their rear ends and add ABC and NBC to the HD lineup for Chattanooga, and then I wouldn't even have to watch the sd versions. When Direct added Chattanooga locals, all of the big 4 were in HD. DISH only added CBS and FOX, and every time I call in and talk to the the CSRs, I get the same answers that DISH is working on it and the other two should be in HD soon. I have been hearing "soon" for several months now, and it's getting very old. CSRs seem to be like a bunch of programmed monkeys, only being able to say what they are told. I even talked to a "so called" supervisor and he said by the end of the year 2008, ABC and NBC should be in HD for Chattanooga. Sorry I had to vent, it aggravates me when no one can give me a straight answer.

Same problem here...happened to both ABC and NBC at the same time. Probably somebody over at the headend turned something that they shouldn't have. Headend is over at Chattanooga Online.

BTW...when these two stations turn off their analog transmitters on Feb 17 we are probably going to loose those stations because they haven't signed a retrans agreement with dish...they are holding out for money...thats why the HD versions are not on now. For once, I'm with Charlie...DON'T pay them a dime...they have commercials!

I have the reverse situation. The LIL channels are noticeably louder than the other Dish channels. Much louder than any channel are the Dish ads overlaid on the HD channels. Fortunately I can skip them but if they have important info, I guess I will never hear it.
-Ken

Same problem here in New Orleans, the sd locals are WAY lower in volume than everything else. Watch out if you go from a local to a non
without changing the voulme first:eek:
I sent dish an email about 2 months ago and they said they were working on it, but nothing changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts