"Local Sports" in their Basic Package?

cyberized

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Beaverton, Oregon
I SEE in their Channel Lineup for the $42.99 Basic, under Sports, they list 2 as "Local Sports" - - - PLEASE tell me that at least one of them would be OUR Regional Sports Network, for me, that would be FOX NW?

TKS Michael:confused:

That's the regional sports network. Here in MD, we get MASN, MASN2 and CSN. There should be a PDF file for each region on that webpage that lists actual channels you will get.

-John

Thanks John.....that is what I wanted to hear! FIOS TV might be ready here in my area by end of this year.....and was afraid, looking at their package, that I might have AD and Pay more for their Sports Pack to get my Regional FOX Sports "Mariners, Blazers, Reg. College Football etc". I sure hope to be able to LEAVE Dish and go to Verizon FIOS - BUT - does not look like I will be really saving the $ I had hoped that I would - - - other than that - I think FIOS has to BETTER.

Michael;)

Thanks John.....that is what I wanted to hear! FIOS TV might be ready here in my area by end of this year.....and was afraid, looking at their package, that I might have AD and Pay more for their Sports Pack to get my Regional FOX Sports "Mariners, Blazers, Reg. College Football etc". I sure hope to be able to LEAVE Dish and go to Verizon FIOS - BUT - does not look like I will be really saving the $ I had hoped that I would - - - other than that - I think FIOS has to BETTER.

Michael;)

If you have not already 'purchased' the new tuner for Dish then you will find Fios to be cheaper. Fios costs are up there because they lease the equipment.

Now, if you are not concerned that you are not getting 'true' HD then there is no other reason than cost to go to Fios. If, on the other hand, you want pure HD so that you can experience those ball games without the blur effect when the camera pans you should consider a switch.

I will be the first to complain about the equipment and some other missing features with FIos, but it is hands down the best service offering on the market. Dish, Direct, and local cable just do not compare.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts