Local Stations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mcallahan

Original poster
May 1, 2008
I have a factory satellite radio that came in my 2005 Dodge Durango. I am currently subscribing to Sirius which works great but none of my local stations come in... any ideas as to the problem.

Thanks in advance!

When I switch to FM all I get is static. Some one told me the antenna wasn't hooked up but if that was the case wouldn't the satellite not work too?

Your satellite radio is hooked up to it's own antenna. It cannot use a regular AM/FM antenna to get signals. Is your AM working? If neither your AM or FM are working first be sure you have an antenna! Seriously, did someone unscrew it and steal it?

Beyond that, the first thing would be to check and see if the antenna is plugged in all the way into the radio.

Thanks for clearing up the antenna confusion. Yes, I do have an antenna. I know this for sure because the Durango is so big that it hits the garage door opening every time I go in and out. I will have to have someone trouble shoot the antenna- I just hate to take it to the dealer for that...$$$$

um, why don't you just take the radio out of the vehicle, check the connection? That sounds like the problem. Its either that, or the wire between the radio and antenna is cut, or the radio is shot. Do some basic troubleshooting yourself. A dealer will charge you an arm and a leg for it.