Problems with Sportster

cyclone27

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I have the first model of the Sportster in my car & I am wondering if it is time for a new radio.

I have probably had it for about 3 years & had never had any reception problems. However, lately the radio works fine for about 5-10 minutes. Then the sounds just goes off. The usual 'Acquiring Signal' does not come up on the screen. The screen is still showing the song & there is just no sound.

Then when I turn it off & then back on, it the says 'Acquiring Signal' & never does pick up a signal.

The antenna does not appear to be damaged.

Has anyone had this similar problem? Any suggestions or is it time for a new radio?

Thanks.

I've got the Sportster 4 and started getting the dropouts last week. It's really kind of odd because I always seem to have three bars when the sound drops out for a few seconds but the receiver doesn't show the "Acquiring Signal" message. I don't have to reboot the unit like cyclone27 mentioned, I just wait a few seconds and it starts playing on its own.

I have two separate docking stations, one in my car and one in my office, and I get the drops in both locations. Which leads me to believe that my Sportster is bitting the dust.

I've had a sportster 4 now for about a year or so, and for the past couple of weeks, I have also been having dropout problems. My problems seem to be the same as yours FRIDAY. The sound drops out completly for 3-5 seconds and then comes back on by itself. I have about a 30 minute drive home from work everyday. Some days the sound will drop out only 2 or 3 times in that 30 minute period, but other days it may drop out 10-12 times.

I don't know how to tell if it's a problem with my radio, antenna, or the satellite.

kdwebsol,

Thanks for the forum link! Most, if not all, of the dropouts I experienced were while listening to Howard100. Based on the forum thread it sounds like everything should be "drop free" after today. So far I haven't had a dropout today, maybe they have it fixed... Keeping my fingers crossed...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)