Problems with Sportster

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cyclone27

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I have the first model of the Sportster in my car & I am wondering if it is time for a new radio.

I have probably had it for about 3 years & had never had any reception problems. However, lately the radio works fine for about 5-10 minutes. Then the sounds just goes off. The usual 'Acquiring Signal' does not come up on the screen. The screen is still showing the song & there is just no sound.

Then when I turn it off & then back on, it the says 'Acquiring Signal' & never does pick up a signal.

The antenna does not appear to be damaged.

Has anyone had this similar problem? Any suggestions or is it time for a new radio?

Thanks.

I've got the Sportster 4 and started getting the dropouts last week. It's really kind of odd because I always seem to have three bars when the sound drops out for a few seconds but the receiver doesn't show the "Acquiring Signal" message. I don't have to reboot the unit like cyclone27 mentioned, I just wait a few seconds and it starts playing on its own.

I have two separate docking stations, one in my car and one in my office, and I get the drops in both locations. Which leads me to believe that my Sportster is bitting the dust.

I've had a sportster 4 now for about a year or so, and for the past couple of weeks, I have also been having dropout problems. My problems seem to be the same as yours FRIDAY. The sound drops out completly for 3-5 seconds and then comes back on by itself. I have about a 30 minute drive home from work everyday. Some days the sound will drop out only 2 or 3 times in that 30 minute period, but other days it may drop out 10-12 times.

I don't know how to tell if it's a problem with my radio, antenna, or the satellite.

kdwebsol,

Thanks for the forum link! Most, if not all, of the dropouts I experienced were while listening to Howard100. Based on the forum thread it sounds like everything should be "drop free" after today. So far I haven't had a dropout today, maybe they have it fixed... Keeping my fingers crossed...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)