Local vs. Natn'l broadcasts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Geckotek

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Dallas
Ok, I'm sure this issue has been hashed out, but I'm a bit confused after reading what I've found so far so I'm hoping for clarification. (So please don't flame :eek: )

When I ordered my equipment back in November, I was told by some that if I had a Paris, TX address, I would be able to get the broadcast stations. Maybe I assumed, but I thought they said the E&W coast broadcasts.

Well, for several reasons, I just now got the thing hooked up. I see the E&W coast stations in my guide as well as D/FW stations. However, I can only tune in the D/FW stations.

Is there ANY way to work within the system to get the E&W coast feeds?

(Again, sorry if I'm repeating.....busy @ work and didn't have much time to search.)

You are in DFW's area. You will not be able to get the E&W feeds for SD channels.

If you have HD, you will get the NY feeds of CBS,NBC, and FOX though.

I do have HD....but didn't seem to get those. I'll double check. If not I guess I need to call and whine?

You don't need to whine all you need to do is ask for the NBC,CBS, and FOX feeds from the EAST coast. In Dallas the three affiliates are Owned and Operated by the networks so you can qualify for the east coast feeds. In Paris you are probably too far for an OTA of channel 8 (9) ABC but you will still get DL8 standard definition.

Thanks for the info guys. It sounds like I should have ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox when I get home. She listed 2 channels for each. What's up w/ that? E&W?

Maybe the rep got you both by mistake? If that is the case and you did get both, don't bring to their attention or ever call in again, LOL.

I thought I should get the HD feeds as well, but I've gone round and round with them and they say I must have waivers for the east coast HD.

onslow said:
I thought I should get the HD feeds as well, but I've gone round and round with them and they say I must have waivers for the east coast HD.
If your located in McKinney you also qualify for the CBS,NBC & FOX East coast HD feeds if you have a HDTV receiver with the local channels on it. :)

I tried calling the HD DNS department again, same story. They said the computer doesn't show I automatically qualify. I'm curious if it's because this area used to be a pegasus area or if it's something to do with the stations in Sherman.

I was told by one of our locals today, they that will approve me for a distant net. They said to have D* submit a waiver and they would agree. That's very cool. I'm due to be installed within the hour. Maybe I can talk them in to turning it on with they activate my service!! Woo-hoo!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts