Locals 2nd dish installed today-issues?

BigDon

Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
Texas
I have a 508 and a 7200. Dish came out today and installed a second dish for locals on 148. Installer put in a SW64, removed and kept my twin lnb, replacing twin with 2 double lnbs on my dish 500. He then added 2nd dish for 148. Question: Should he have kept my twin? Should I just be happy he added the SW64 so I can add receivers more easily in the future?

The installer was in a hurry since it was after 4 pm when he got to my house and he had 2 more calls to make after me. He said his co-worker called in hungover but that's okay more money for him. Anyway he left before confirming that my locals were being received. Of course, what do you know, I get no locals still. I did a check switch and it only shows 110 & 119. The setup screen tells me wrong satellite 119 (or 110.) when I check signal strength on 148. It is this way on both receivers. I called Dish and went through several steps with tech support until they agreed to schedule someone out on Dec. 18th. Should I just call the installing company in the morning and see if someone can't get back out sooner.

Thanks in advance! Y'all always provide good advice.

Sounds like he hacked you. He should be flogged for not checking signal on 148 on the receivers themselves.

Call the number he left and scream about it.

As for the Twin, did you pay for the upgrade? No? Then call it part of the deal.

We're required to return the twin on the second dish install if we're reconfiguring it to make your system compatable... by dish in order to make the economics right. You got about $150 worth of switches and LNBF's, and he took about $30, so you made out alright.

I don't understand why he would change the Twin to 2 duals...
The OP has 2 receivers, one Legacy and one Dish Pro

Why wouldnt the installer use 2 SW21's to combine the Legacy Twin and the Legacy dual together? SW21's don't cost much and are much more reliable (IMO) than a SW64

I talked to the installer and he will be out tomorrow to get things straightened out. I think he was just in a hurry yesterday and just didn't quite finish things up right. I think he did a competent install; he just got in a hurry. We all have off days.

I'm still surprised that he installed a SW64 instead of using SW21s. But since it gave me room to add more receivers, I'm happy.

Thanks for the input guys. It's good to hear other's experiences and comments as far as what to expect.

Iceberg said:
I don't understand why he would change the Twin to 2 duals...
The OP has 2 receivers, one Legacy and one Dish Pro

Why wouldnt the installer use 2 SW21's to combine the Legacy Twin and the Legacy dual together? SW21's don't cost much and are much more reliable (IMO) than a SW64

You're right, if my tech did that, I'd tan his hide. Bad enough i gave one a hard time yesterday for putting a Legacy Quad on 61.5 because he forgot to bring a dual.

probably work great for Voom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts