Locals are freezing up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Also having this same problem Software version is also S503. Recorded shows play fine, Locks up during the day so prime time anytime is not a factor.. although I do have it enabled. Also seems like only the local not OTA but via sat. channels lock up. only fix is to reboot hopper.

Happened to me again tonight - Local Market is Atlanta

Also happened to me last night, but not the night before. The channels are fine before PTAT starts and they are fine in the morning. And again, for me, it's only the PTAT channels - other locals (Baltimore) are fine. I can also get to the channels DURING PTAT by going to the PTAT tuner and selecting any being recording. Trying to find a pattern in what I'm doing prior to them going black but haven't come up with one.

Happened again last night during PTAT. Not able to use point dish because of PTAT. Did not want to do a red button reset because I was recording a movie. Could not get the channels back by any other means. As soon as PTAT finished I ran point dish and the channels returned immediately.

Starting to happen to me everyday. Was only doing it around 7pm but today it happened around noon. Reset brings them back. Only the major network locals effected (DC area) with S503. Haven't tried point dish yet. Only been happening for a week or so.

Has happened to me 3 or 4 times in the last week. Four local channels (Richmond, Va.) involved, usually from 4 to 7 PM. I record local news every day. When problem occurs, news does not record. Going to Point Dish usually fixes it. Does Dish know about this?

If you are recording, at any time, and try to Point Dish, you will see a slide warning you that your recording will stop and you will go to Live TV....

If you are recording, at any time, and try to Point Dish, you will see a slide warning you that your recording will stop and you will go to Live TV....

That's just it. During PTAT you get a different warning. It states that PTAT is running and you cannot go to point dish. I wish it was like that warning. Then I could fix the frozen local channels.

As I mentioned over on the Detroit local channels "blanking out" thread, I solved all my local channel/OTA freeze-ups, blank-outs, audio drop-outs, inability to record OTA with the dongle problems by picking up a Tivo Roamio last week with no upfront cost ($20 per month with a two year commitment, making the total cost for the Roamio $120 at the end of two years.) Works like a charm. I reduced my Dish bill by twenty bucks to make up for the Tivo subscription.

Funny, you'd think with the high percentage of viewing the local channels get, Dish would make them priority one, but I guess not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)