New customer Pay as you go

mtworks

Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
TN
I have a question about the Dish pay as you go plan for RVers. I have simple needs- just a 211Z reciever and a plain old dish- don't need a hopper,joey, or sling, so the pay as you go plan seems to be a better fit.From reading and researching online though, it seems that most are still having problems with the plan, such as cutoff or suspend fees or incorrect charges on their accounts. Could a DIRT member please explain exactly how this plan works, and the correct procedures to start and stop this plan without incurring any extra charges?
Thanks,

The pay as you go plan, is actuallyh a pay in advanced account. There are two options. Flex, and Flex24. They look and get treated the same as far as the monthly billing goes. The difference is the flex24 comes with discounts amongst a few other freebies, but also a 24 month commitment. If you have your equipment already and just want to get it activated, go to dishformyrv.com and you will get your basic flex plan. At the end of the 30 day cycle if you do not pay, it will just cut the account off. You can also call and have the account start and stopped to save some money as well. That's the one I would recommend to get credit saved to the account. The phone calls are the same"your account is suspended due to non payment" because the system dish uses has no way to differentiate between RV account and a customer with bad credit that couldn't qualify for post pay accounts, and has it in their househouse

Reactions: Tampa8
Those are the official names for the "pay as you go" accounts. You can PM one of them for a more direct answer as well.

My friend was on it for a RV trip last summer. When he tried to activate his receiver for another trip this year DISH wanted a months payment from last year plus the month he was trying to activate for. They finally took the previous month off after much deliberation.

You would think they could come up with an online system for this.

If you want to purchase and install everything on your own, we can do an "activation only" account. Setting up an account with discounted equipment and everything will likely require a commitment. We do require the first month of payment up front and you can cancel the account when you are not using it. I would recommend purchasing and installing everything on your own for a RV.

If you want to purchase and install everything on your own, we can do an "activation only" account. Setting up an account with discounted equipment and everything will likely require a commitment. We do require the first month of payment up front and you can cancel the account when you are not using it. I would recommend purchasing and installing everything on your own for a RV.
Matt: This is the problem we have !
Do you realize that dish has a "pay as you go acc" ?
It is advertised but no one at Dish knows about it !?
You really didn't answer the question
Thx don

Thx don

There shouldn't be an issue with this. Just tell them you purchased and installed all of your equipment and want to set up a Flex account. It's just a pay-as-you-go account that requires no social security number, birth date or credit card numbers.

Thx don

Pay-In-Advance is an account TYPE. There is Flex24 and activation only accounts that are part of this. The activation only is the best thing for RVs as you can disconnect service when not in use, where flex24 requires a commitment. Hope this clears up any confusion.