Locals are freezing up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
As I mentioned over on the Detroit local channels "blanking out" thread, I solved all my local channel/OTA freeze-ups, blank-outs, audio drop-outs, inability to record OTA with the dongle problems by picking up a Tivo Roamio last week with no upfront cost ($20 per month with a two year commitment, making the total cost for the Roamio $120 at the end of two years.) Works like a charm. I reduced my Dish bill by twenty bucks to make up for the Tivo subscription.

Funny, you'd think with the high percentage of viewing the local channels get, Dish would make them priority one, but I guess not.

That's all well and good if you have a fast internet. I don't.

I am seeing this with S503 also. I thought it was because a tree has encroached upon the view of 61.5 by my 1K.4 dish. When I point dish, the signal strength for 61.5 is not real good - but sometimes tuner1 is fine while tuner3 cannot lock onto it at all. How can that be?

I think I am going to try point dish with PTAT off and see if it behaves any differently.

I thought this might have been fixed because it had not happened for about a week but it happened again yesterday and again today. My locals are from a spotbeam on 61.5. Could there be a problem with that? Anyone else in the Birmingham Alabama DMA experiencing this?

I thought the same thing. Started happening again a couple of days ago. DC area locals only. Point dish when not in prime time fixes it, reset during prime. Not happy.

After two hoopers and a new dish, no service for nearly a month, it seemed to being working again. Until today, when my locals went black, went to point dish and they appeared again, what is up with this, this is crazy. I was already having problems a month ago, when I came home from work, the local channels would be frozen on my screen, and nothing recorded. Crazy! BTW I have the new update, S505 didn't help.

I thought this might have been fixed because it had not happened for about a week but it happened again yesterday and again today. My locals are from a spotbeam on 61.5. Could there be a problem with that? Anyone else in the Birmingham Alabama DMA experiencing this?

Same here...had not happened in awhile but it occurred over the weekend. It was during PTAT again (only time I've seen it happen on my system) and usually I can go to the PTAT tuner to select one of the channels if I need/want to watch. But this time, the PTAT tuner was showing no channels being recorded. Strange.

Happens that way on mine too. The only way I have found to fix the issue during PTAT is the red button reboot. Any other time the point dish will fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)