Locals are no charge, thanks Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bhawley

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 5, 2003
Central NC
Locals are no charge, thanks Dish (NOT)

Just checked my online bill, locals now show up at $0.

Bill Hawley
921 tester

Bill, had you had locals prior to L211? I did not have prior, therefore, after L211 I had to subscribe in order to get ota guides. I did not think Dish did us right or fairly on this issue. Some said it was to be corrected in the next release. I checked my statement, and the local charge is added on. Should I call and complain like some have? On one thread a customer called to cancel his Dish Service because of this unfair charge just to get guide. They, now do not charge him. Any thoughts.

Question for those who are getting Local charges waived. Do you have any other receivers? I have a 510 and 721, plus my 921. I am just curious if you are able to get the local fee waived if you have other receivers on the account.

EDIT: Never mind, I just got my dish bill and noticed that I am NOT getting charged for locals this month.

dewey brunner said:
Bill, had you had locals prior to L211? I did not have prior, therefore, after L211 I had to subscribe in order to get ota guides. I did not think Dish did us right or fairly on this issue. Some said it was to be corrected in the next release. I checked my statement, and the local charge is added on. Should I call and complain like some have? On one thread a customer called to cancel his Dish Service because of this unfair charge just to get guide. They, now do not charge him. Any thoughts.

I have subbed to AEP and locals for too many years to remember. BTW I did
not request a change.
Here is my new bill:

AMERICA'S EVERYTHING VALUE PAK-180,4 PREMIUM MOVIE PKG 82.99
LOCALS 0.0
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 4.99
WSBK 1.5
DISH NETWORK HD PACKAGE 9.99
EXTENDED WARRANTY 1.99

bhawey said:
not request a change.
Here is my new bill:

LOCALS 0.0
WSBK 1.5
EXTENDED WARRANTY 1.99

AEP is 77.99 without locals. 82.99 with. They just lumped it all together.
So your not getting locals free. Sorry :no

bhawey said:
not request a change.
Here is my new bill:

LOCALS 0.0
WSBK 1.5
EXTENDED WARRANTY 1.99

Just saw the above post. Crow on the plate :eek: Time to call Dish.

LMAO, that's hilarious. I guess they thought they were pulling a fast one on you. Good thing you've come to satelliteguys :)

Well here is my bill and I am getting locals at no charge, I did call in and complain to them about the OTA thing and they said they would get back to me. They never got back to me.

DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 0.0
AMERICA'S EVERYTHING VALUE PAK-180,4 PREMIUM MOVIE PKG 77.99
LOCALS 0.0
FOX NETWORK 1.5
SUPERSTATION PACKAGE KWGN 5.99
FOX NETWORK 1.5
FOX NETWORK PARTIAL MONTH(S) 11/27-12/28 1.59

I think I am being charged too much on my Dish Network bill.

DISHNET LOCAL PACKAGE 8.99
AMERICA'S EVERYTHING PAK-AT180 + 4 PREMIUM MOVIE PKGS 77.99
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 9.98
EXTENDED WARRANTY 1.99
REIMBURSEMENT OF CT GROSS EARNINGS TAX2.65STATE/LOCAL TAX (SALES/GROSS RECEIPTS)7.62

Wow, scott, I know the old timers know what some of those charges are for, but why 9.98 ADDL Receiver? What is DshNet Local for 8.99 (distants + locals when they used to be discounted?)

I wish I got in on the $1.99 ext warranty though. I am gonna have to break down and get it here soon with 3 DVR's in the house.

back to the local issues, I got an actually got an email response a few minutes ago from dish on the 921 OTA complaint I had:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail. Specific information regarding your request for additional fees on the 921 and OTA guide data is not currently available.
We thank you for your input on the issue and have received alot of correspondance similar to your own. As a temporary measure, Dish is waiving your Locals Package charge for 2 months.

As a current customer, you may also use our website to view your current or previous billing statements, add services, or make payments to your account. Please use the following link (https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/UserManagement/login.jsp) to visit our Online Customer Support Center.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX ( I don't want to post names)

DISH Network eCare

Nah, That's your choice what you subscribe to.

You have your 6 receiver limit maxed out.
The highest AEP package and the Superstations/Locals (that's probably the only good deal, as it's no longer available)

Mine is a simple 2 lines

AT120 DHP 2 RCVRS,LOCALS 49.99

Looks like yours is less than mine Scott.

NETWORK PACKAGE WITH PBS 11.99
LOCALS 0.0
CBS HIGH DEFINITION EAST 0.0
CBS HIGH DEFINITION WEST 0.0
DISH FLICKS 1.95
EXTENDED WARRANTY 1.99

It's not the size of the bill that matters guys! :) BTW I like how dish now calls the DVR fee a service fee, since VOD is NOT what the DVR's do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts