Locals from Syracuse, ny

Jackm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
My local dealer said that he just received information on Locals coming to Dish in April. I have not read anything about this yet? Is it true? Thanks And what is the latest on the 721 software upgrade? I still have the old software. :)

I have the 811 and an antenna mounted in my attic... I use the 811 to grab the major Syracuse affiliates from OTA digitally (WIXT, WTVH, WSTM and WCNY broadcast in HDTV as well) and see no reason to pay Dish anything more to provide them to me.

Just my .02

PS: For us Syracusians, Time Warner is looking better all of the time... HDTV with HD-DVR and HBO for about the same price as Dish w/o the recorder (???).

Just an FYI, the Syracuse locals are not even uplinked to the satellites yet. It normally takes 2-4 weeks of the stations on the satellites before they are launched. The April 22 date may be an old target date.

Currently uplinked to the satellites but not available to subscribers:

Topeka, KS @ 105º. Uplinked 3/24/04 (release date according to a dealer, today....not happening)
Fargo, ND @ 121º. Uplinked 3/31/04 (planned release, mid Feb. Didn't happen)
Duluth, MN @ 110º. Uplinked 3/17/04 (Planned release, Dec...no Jan...wait, February for sure!...no still not on, but now at least its uplinked)
El Paso, TX @ 105º. Uplinked 3/24/04 (planned for March, no April...)
Rochester, NY @ 121º. Uplinked 3/17/04 (rumored Feb...no March for sure! Well...)
Columbia, MO @ 105º. Uplinked 11/12/03 (Coming December 03, no Jan, no February for SURE...wait, they are available today!...NO! Still waiting)

Juneau, AK is not uplinked yet either at it was planned for February 04.

Puerto Rico locals have been on the front and back burners since E*7 went on line.
Portland, ME also had a mid april planned date.

Syracuse was just one of the latest names to spring forth. So...don't count on 4/22.

BTW, I'm giving Dish a hard time, but if you look at the EKB page 15 you will see just how many cities they have added in a very short time. This is no small feat!

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
Duluth, MN @ 110º. Uplinked 3/17/04 (Planned release, Dec...no Jan...wait, February for sure!...no still not on, but now at least its uplinked)

Actually, there was an article in ther Duluth paper last summer about locals coming soon to both Direct & Dish. It said "Dish Network hopes to have locals available by September" and "DirectTv hopes to have locals by the end of the year" So Ive been waiting since September

Tony, I don't know what will happen first
-Duluth locals go live
-you get WBQC UPN on Dish

No offence, but I hope its the top one :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts