Locals in HD without HD package?

LegioXIX

Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Greetings, all. First post, long time lurker. Right now I subscribe to the DishFamily package with locals and the Cinemax penny deal. I want to upgrade to the 622 or 722 receiver (if they give me a deal, I'm not paying $150+). I figure I can not get any HD packages with DishFamily. However, I am wondering if I will still get my locals and Cinemax in HD, even without a package. Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!

Yeah... no matter what, if you add an HD receiver to your account, you get charged the "Enabling Fee", which is $7.00/month.... kind of a joke since it is only $3 more a month to get the base HD package...

But with that $7, you DO get the locals in HD (assuming they are available in your area yet).

I guess I can live with paying $7 for locals and Cinemax in HD. I would like to get more, but like I said, there is not any options with DishFamily. I don't want to drop the family package 'cause my daughter likes Boomerang (the 250 package is just too expensive).

I guess I can live with paying $7 for locals and Cinemax in HD. I would like to get more, but like I said, there is not any options with DishFamily. I don't want to drop the family package 'cause my daughter likes Boomerang (the 250 package is just too expensive).

SOME channels are available "A La Carte".... I don't know if Boomerang is one of them, but it is worth a phone call.... if they say it qualifies, you could get the Top 100 and add Boomerang for $2-3 per month....

Personally, I think the Top 100 is a joke of a package which only exists to lure people in with the low price point.... most people I know that ordered it ended up upgrading by the end of their first month (which I believe was by design).... however it MAY have what you are looking for if you are use to having DishFamily.... assuming they will let you A La Carte Boomerang.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts