Problems with multimedia not working

smackman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
north louisiana
I cannot get my 622 Receiver to recognize my Canon SD 600. I have downloaded pictures many times from this camera to my 622. I have not used this option in 6 months and it will not work.
After talking with Dish, They sent me another Receiver. I hook up this Receiver and it will not recognze my camera neither.
I take this same Camera, hookup to my computer with the same USB cable and it works.
I tried my daughters Camera with her USB cord and it will not recoginize her camera. IT SAYS THERE IS NO MULTIMEDIA DEVICE HOOKEDUP TO USB PORT.
Can anyone else hookup there Digital Cameras to there 622 and download pictures?
Has a recent software upgrade "killed" this multimedia option?
I am lost and Dish technical does not have answers. I have used this multimedia option numerous times but now it will not work and I have tried both USB inputs

Any help or suggestions here?
Will some others hook up there Digital Cameras to see if they can download pictures to there 622 thru USB Port?
Thank you

multimedia

Does not support my Canon powershot s45 but does support my cheap olympus d-395
figures it supports the camara i gave to my kids not my better quality one do they update the 722 to support more camaras?

It use to support my Canon power shot SD600 but now it will not.
My Daughter has a Canon Powershot SD1000 that we have used on a 622 before and it is no longer supported.

Something has been changed to cause certain Digital Cameras to not be recognized. I used my Canon mutiple times in the past but now the 622 does not see it.

Can anyone get there CANON DIGITAL CAMERA TO BE RECOGINIZED BY THE RECEIVER?

Same thing here. Used to work but now it doesn't. Not a huge problem for me though since the image quality pretty much sucked when viewing the pictures from the receiver.
If you really want to get the pics on there you can transfer them from the camera to a thumb drive. That still works.

But It should still work

Same thing here. Used to work but now it doesn't. Not a huge problem for me though since the image quality pretty much sucked when viewing the pictures from the receiver.
If you really want to get the pics on there you can transfer them from the camera to a thumb drive. That still works.
Well, Its not a hugh problem for me either but it should work as it has in the past.
I would like if possible for Dish Customers to report this issue so they will persue a fix otherwise they will not.
This had to be a software upgrade glitch in the last 6 months. As I stated earlier, It worked seamless for me until 1 month ago.

I always put just the pics I want on a usb flash drive and then plug that in to my 622. Never had a problem.
I do not have a USB Flash Drive.
I should not have to purchase a USB Flash Drive.
The USB port should accept my Camera and others like it did for over 1 1/2 years.
Heck, I do not even know what a USB Flash Drive is or the cost.

How would I use a USB Flash Drive with my Canon Power Shot SD600? I do not have a regular USB port on my camera. I do have a cable that connects to my camera and has a USB connector on the other end that hooks up to my computer or my 622 Receiver etc. I am a dummy in this area so help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Pictures you take on your camera are typically transferred to your computer since the memory card on your camera is more limited in space than the hard drive on your computer.

You may use a different name for them but flash drives have been around for several years now and are sold in department stores, big box stores, convenience stores, and given away by the millions every day.

0074061711563_215X215.jpg

Most cameras have a proprietary connection that requires their software in order to even access the memory card while still in the camera. I have found this to be true on more than a few people's computers over the years. I have a desktop and laptop with memory card readers built in so I just take the card out of my cameras and put them into the reader. I don't have to suffer through all the half-way written software that normally comes with your camera.

That your camera and 622 got along no problem is more likely a fluke than intentional and when the external drive updates went out, that probably closed your loophole. I did look in the 622 manual and it does show hooking your camera directly to the receiver to transfer photos so it was originally possible and if you want to get that function back, you are going to have to converse with Dish TECHNICAL support, not customer support to see if they will even look into it.

To use a flash drive, you plug it into your computer and copy over just those images you intend to transfer to the 622 for display.

They are very easy to use and hold a vast amount of data these days. Quite handy since CDs can barely hold the size data files we work with anymore.

That your camera and 622 got along no problem is more likely a fluke than intentional and when the external drive updates went out, that probably closed your loophole. I did look in the 622 manual and it does show hooking your camera directly to the receiver to transfer photos so it was originally possible and if you want to get that function back, you are going to have to converse with Dish TECHNICAL support, not customer support to see if they will even look into it.

I believe you are totally om spot with your thinking. I have talked with Dish Technical Dept. and there answer was my Eeceiver had dead USB ports which were not the case. The "new" 622 will not accept my camera either.
I will just give up on getting this fixed. You cannot imagine how much time I have already spent with Dish on a Resolution to this problem.
I might not know the proper protocol for dealing with Dish in this area.
One more reason to divorce Dish after a 9 year marriage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)