Locals Mobile Alabama

Status
Please reply by conversation.

armymp30

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Ocean Springs Ms
If I used my mothers Mobile, Alabama address will I be able to get the locals out of Mobile if I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast area its approx 74 miles from her house? Thanks

I do believe that if you are in that "spot" you can "move" without a problem.

No problem.. Lots of customers in your area are getting Mobile locals with a "corrected" address.. DirecTV has only Standard Def locals for Mobile at the present time.. Hi-Def locals are on the list for September, but they were on the list in '06 too.. So who knows if we will really get them

Let me get this straight: If you're in a DMA that doesn't have HD locals, can you change your ZIP on your box to the neighboring DMA to get the HD that you're normally denied in your home DMA?

Let me get this straight: If you're in a DMA that doesn't have HD locals, can you change your ZIP on your box to the neighboring DMA to get the HD that you're normally denied in your home DMA?

No, not on your box. You have to CALL D* and "move", changing your service address on file to your "new" address in the other DMA. You may leave your billing address the same if you still receive mail there (hint-hint).

Remember, any service calls will send a tech out to your new service address, not the billing address. FYI.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)