Locals Moving from 72.5 in Wausau, WI Market

Status
Please reply by conversation.

boone0875

Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
When exactly will this happen? We have been told for several months that it is coming soon. We just Recieved the 3LNB to replace the 5LNB and we were told that it is coming in a few weeks... can anyone shed some light on the subject because im tired of putting up 2 dishes finding 2 line of sights so on and so forth

Thanks!

Wausau Market

I live in the Wausau area and was not aware of any immediate changes to the locals. I am under the impression that nothing will be changing until the new D11 sat is operational. I'm also curious when we might see our HD locals??? The most recent announcement didn't even have our market listed for 2008...hmmmm....

Just heard from another tech that he heard from Direct that it is coming in Jan 09... wish it was sooner hope he is wrong lol

Eventually, they plan to move local markets off 72 to either 110 or 119, eliminating th eneed for the 2nd dish.

Jason, all the 72.5 markets will be going to either 99 or 103. The 119 spots are full and 110 has not spot beams for DirecTV.

I think some people think (say that aloud three times) that DirecTV will temporarily run some of the 72.5 markets on the 110 and 119 conus transponders vacated by the mpeg4 HD conversion as the cost and available inventory of mpeg4 boxes/5LNB dishes is prohibitive for a full dish/receiver swap out of all of the affected markets.

We were already told that our locals are moving to the 103 and we dont have the 5 LNB's anymore we use the 3 LNB's for the 101, 99, 103 so yea we dont even use the 110 or the 119 anymore up here

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)