Locals on Conus Location as of today:

Anyone know of a good 'move' for someone in Las Vegas? We are dying out here in the desert. I wonder if we will pick up Los Angeles when it goes live, but even then, I don't know.

I very much doubt that LA locals will go to 61.5º. My guess is they will remain on 129º for the time being. There is talk that 129º will get a spot beam sat. But for now, go with 129 in Las Vegas.

See ya
Tony

I seriously doubt that any Western markets will go to 61.5 . There is a scheduled launch this year of a spotbeam satellite going to 129.

If L.A. ever goes to a spot beam, it will likely be on 129 (or possibly even on 110).

By the way, Dish Network has stated that they plan to make Las Vegas HD Locals available in 2008. That is certainly no guarantee, but that is their stated plans.

To get SL Cards you need to live in the St. Louis area. No way around that. This requires a Dish 1000 PLUS so you can get 118°. However, I see St. Louis moving to 61.5° eventually on a spot that covers most of Missouri and western Illinois. Depending on the transponder, it may not reach KC because of interferance with that spot beam.

See ya
Tony

Can you swing a Dish 500 to pick up the 118 Satellite? I have a 1000 Dish with a wing dish for 61.5 with a DP44 Switch. Can I swing the Dish 500 to get the 118 Satellite instead of 61.5?

I noticed raleigh and charlotte nc was in the list are these hd locals moving to 61.5 location cause i know greensboro hd locals are on here. Also if so do you think they will ever move to 129 so you wouldn'y have to use a 2 dish solution cause i like the one dish solution better.

Also a note:

Oklahoma City SD: (FOX, CBS, ABC, NBC, MYTV, RELIGION) are all on the 110 spotbeam transponder 25.

Oklahoma City SD: (UPN/CW) 119 spotbeam transponder 1.

Oklahoma City HD: (FOX, CBS, ABC, NBC) are on the 129 transponder 16

Wichita Falls Tx, Lawton HD: (FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC) are all on the 129 transponder 17
They aren't being broadcast on the 121 superdish anymore those are obsolete. You use a Dish 1000.2 not sure about the SD

Also a note:

Oklahoma City SD: (FOX, CBS, ABC, NBC, MYTV, RELIGION) are all on the 110 spotbeam transponder 25.

Oklahoma City SD: (UPN/CW) 119 spotbeam transponder 1.

Oklahoma City HD: (FOX, CBS, ABC, NBC) are on the 129 transponder 16

Wichita Falls Tx, Lawton HD: (FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC) are all on the 129 transponder 17
They aren't being broadcast on the 121 superdish anymore those are obsolete. You use a Dish 1000.2 not sure about the SD

You need to check again... OKC HD is on 119 spotbeam, don't remember which one. Wichita Falls HD is not on 129.

In the HD only PKG i'm supposed to get the hd channels only? Why am i getting Bravo and TCM ?Just came on today thank you:)

all the conus hd is gone on 61.5? cool, i wasn't sure if they had finished with that or not

The only reason for Denver to remain Conus is really due to the size of the markt. It takes most of the state of Colorado, a good hunk of the Nebraka panhandle, and an enormous chunk of Wyoming all the way to the Montana border. There currnetly aren't any spot beams that large.

According to TNGTony's web page:

Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial)

some Denver SD locals are on EchoStar 10, 110 degrees West, Transponder 12, Spotbeam 30.

So, it seems pretty likely that major Denver channels are not on spotbeam solely so that they can be seen anywhere in the CONUS by E* employees. ;)

Do you have an obstruction preventing you from getting them on 110 ??

I'm on the fringe of the 110 spots for Dallas.

I reside in rural west texas, but had been "living" in NYC until last weekend. When the NY locals went off CONUS I "moved" to Dallas after consulting spot beam charts with inaccurate transponder info that led me to believe I could easily pick up the Dallas locals. It's close, but no cigar. I have better reception of 61.5 and believe my chances of a usable signal are better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts