Locals on Conus Location as of today:

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm on the fringe of the 110 spots for Dallas.

I reside in rural west texas, but had been "living" in NYC until last weekend. When the NY locals went off CONUS I "moved" to Dallas after consulting spot beam charts with inaccurate transponder info that led me to believe I could easily pick up the Dallas locals. It's close, but no cigar. I have better reception of 61.5 and believe my chances of a usable signal are better.

61.5 locals are all on spotbeam, so there is no reason to think that you will receive them any better on 61.5.

Possible - but unlikely.

However - you can test that right now.

Go to the signal strength screen, set the satellite to 61.5 and set the transponder to 15.

Even though the Dallas channels are not available from 61.5, they are transmitting on Transponder 15, so you should be able to see if you can receive them.

61.5 locals are all on spotbeam, so there is no reason to think that you will receive them any better on 61.5.

Possible - but unlikely.

However - you can test that right now.

Go to the signal strength screen, set the satellite to 61.5 and set the transponder to 15.

Even though the Dallas channels are not available from 61.5, they are transmitting on Transponder 15, so you should be able to see if you can receive them.

I've got 61.5 transponder 15 at around 65% locked with good satellite ID acquired.

Yesterday we had a rare (this time of year) calm day. I set up a 30 inch dish and tried to get the 110 Dallas spots to no avail.

It looks like, for whatever reason, the spot footprints differ between 61.5 and 110, allowing me to see the former.

I hope the 61.5 spots light up soon as I really don't want to move to LA. (go Cowboys).

Charlottesville Virginia

What does it mean ' leaving this location soon?' Locals are on 105 are leaving and going where ? 129 nothing is happening there?

Is this a good thing, excuse my ignorance :)

What does it mean ' leaving this location soon?' Locals are on 105 are leaving and going where ? 129 nothing is happening there?

Is this a good thing, excuse my ignorance :)

Locals on 105 and 121 are moving to 110/119/129. Some went on spot beams ast they could fit on 110/119, some moved to 129. The 110/119/129 dish is smaller and cheaper for Dish to install than 105/121. So, they are moving them off of 105/121.

Mike, thx for the post. What would be the best way for me to find out plans ( if any ) about HD for locals in Charlottesville?

Thx in advance, Gary

It doesn't look like this list of CONUS HD locals has been updated in a while. How close are these to being accurate? I'm specifically interested in whether or not Chicago HD locals are still CONUS or if they're exclusively spotbeamed now.

It doesn't look like this list of CONUS HD locals has been updated in a while. How close are these to being accurate? I'm specifically interested in whether or not Chicago HD locals are still CONUS or if they're exclusively spotbeamed now.

Yes, they are - watching them in Ohio as I type this.

Very good news then! I'm hoping to "move" to Chicago in the near future and it's good to know the doors to the DMA are still open! ;^)

ok so I can "move" to any city w/o a * as long as I get the satellite? I have 110,119,129 and a 61.5 that is unplugged.

I'm in tucson and I'm pretty sure I am in the PHX spotbeam, but really dont want Phoenix channels. I'd rather get MPLS or KC.

Thanks for the replies...

As long as the local HD is being broadcast CONUS, then you can pick whatever you want. Since it looks like KC and MPLS are still on the list, you should be good to go I think. It would be nice somebody could tell us if the list is still accurate. :)

all o f those locales that just get pulled from 148 will they be going conus. if they do go that way will they he sd or hd?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts