Locals Problem In Chicago

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DJ Matt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
I live in Naperville (suburb of Chicago). During the past 2 weeks the HD locals have been very poor. There is tons of audio and video break ups. From time to time there is freezes. Is anyone else having these issues? It happens anywhere between 5 to 15 times per hour. I haven't really noticed this issue with the national HD channels.

Also, it seems like it is taking a bit longer to switch between HD channels. The hesitation seems longer than what it was. It also flashes twice. The banner at the top of the screen that tells you the channel your on, date, time, etc... there is like a double flash, then a long hesitation before the channel comes in (sometimes getting a flash of pink or red). This is very weird and disturbing.

Should I contact DirecTV about this?

I live in the Chicago area too and have not had these problems. While I ocassionaly have picture breakup, audio problems, etc. they are not 5 to 15 times an hour. And I never have the switching between channel problems. I would call DTV.

DC channels off and on , not that many times an hour. But on occasion have had the frequent Audio weird sound as well as Pixelation.

A lot of times there is just a quick stutter and sometimes there is a 2 second freeze or so. It happened on ABC last night. It happened maybe twice when I was watching The Unit.

What p----- me off is that you know they know about. Just not isolated to one area of the country.

Last night while watching House the picture froze for about 2 seconds. It was weird.

With all respect, let's stop with the adjustment theory. I have searched and there are numerous cases of this happening through - out the country. I for one think it depends on how much TV you watch. In case , if your a hardcore TV watcher, your more apt to see this. If your like my 85 year old father who turns his set on periodically , he probably doesn't see these interruptions as often as others.

If your a DTV or DISH subscriber these freezes, pixelations, audio stuttering, etc are there!

See posts about Chicago , Pittsburgh, etc...My CNN HD tonight has has about 3-4 of these while watching the debate. Earlier in the week it was the DC local HD channels, it varies and hard as hell to pinpoint.

To be honest , it's my conclusion if you have satellite you just have to accept them and go on with it :)

Sorry to hear about it, but I see the same stuff with my OTA HD setup. I sometimes get annoyed & switch over to OTA & see the same crap. I honestly believe these are growing pains (as I only see them with HD feeds) & just need to be worked out. This is also true with the audio sync issues with HD; I've seen them on DTV, E, Cable & OTA.

Sounds like your dish antennas needs adjustments..

No problems here with mine...

I see them sometimes too, it just depends on what time of day you are watching. Its really random and my signal levels are just fine, just had a tech out the other day(taking care of a bad hd dvr) and everything was fine. I think it may be the nature of the beast when it comes to satellite, I mean how far are the sats from my dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)