locals question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

shadow316

Original poster
Mar 13, 2006
So i went to the site to see if im eligible but im confused..sorry im a newb..heres what it says

Standard Distant Network Service
Not available because DIRECTV offers local network programming in your area

Digital (HD) Distant Network Service
Network Affiliate Status
ABC WYTV-DT Grade A (strong signal)
CBS WKBN-DT Grade A (strong signal)
FOX WYFX-DT Grade B (moderate signal)
NBC WFMJ-DT Grade B (moderate signal)

and on the right it says i need waivers or something..my question is will i be able to get the locals in sd or hd? thats my biggest concern for signing up to the service..thanks

nm i get just the sd feeds of my locals just called..damn annoying operator wouldnt shut up tho lol

What is you zip code? That result above is for DNS (Distant Network Service) for those users that have virtually no access to networks via affiliates. Regarding DNS you are not likely eligible based on that result; DirecTV retransmits your SD affiliates via their DBS system AND (at least with ABC and CBS) your OTA reception should be acceptable.

Here: DIRECTV - Local Channels

Is the local channel tool.

Looking that up as I suspected; you are not eligible for DirecTV SD DNS because they offer your locals via sat; and although they do not yet offer your locals in HD; it appears that your local affiliates digital are all within range of you via OTA reception and they will likely refuse to approve any waivers for "HD DNS" by DirecTV.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 125
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)