Locals Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

itherrkr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Nampa, ID
As a previous E subscriber, I recently switched to D and I have a locals question. My locals are located on 72.5 (Boise, ID) I guess, for which I have a seperate dish on my roof for access. I would like to be able to use this location from my rv mounted dish, on certain occasions. However, it appears that D has tryed to make satellite aquisition idiot proof in my D10 (I think). Therefore, I cannot pick what satellite I want to point at to determine my dish elevation, etc. Is there a way to accomplish this, or am I doomed to distant locals via an RV waiver?

What is your zip code? You get no choice of satellite to aim to, Boise LILs are on DirecTV 1 at 72.5°W

Even without a dish connected all you have to do is enter the info into the receiver's setup or dish alignment menu.

It should be close to:

Azimuth 158.6
Elevation 37.5

83686, I get this dumb wizard, where I select 1, 2 or 3 LNB dish, then it chooses my satellite locations for me. And 72.5 is not an option. Is there somwhere else in setup that lets me skip the wizard? I cannot find it anywhere.

I don't know if your questions have already been answered, but your Azimuth should be 187 degrees and your elevation should be 40 degrees. To get the receiver the recognize the 72.5 dish, you have to have a 4x4 multiswitch with the 101 satellite in the ports labeled 13 & 18 Volts and the 72.5 satellite in the ports labeled 13 & 18 volts 22KHZ. When this is ready, you have to choose to do an autodetect from the settings menu on the each receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts