Location of 110 and 119 - Two Locations? - 129 to the west

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrheyerly

Original poster
May 10, 2010
oregon
Are there two areas where you can receive strong signals for the 110 and 119 satellites, but only one to the west where satellite 129 becomes part of the package with 110 and 119?

If that is true, than it would be possible to get strong reception on 110 and 119 to the west and be missing 129. Suggestions would be to move dish to the west and lower the elevation, assuming there is a second location for 110 and 119.
The funny thing is that my meter shows three satellite feeds in western spot, but my suspicion is the third signal is not 129. The accutrac III + does not identify the satellites by name.

Will try moving dish to the west and lowering elevation.

I am located in western Oregon

Last edited:
The national "beams" cover the whole 48 states plus some. Spot beams will vary according to location. The numbers refer to the longitudinal positions of the satellites.

What dish or dishes are you trying to use? 1000.2 would be best for WA. LNBs? Receivers?

I'm guessing you're talking about a dish1000 which has 3 LNBF positions, each approximately 9 or 10 degrees apart, so yes, if you've got it pointed 10 degrees too far east you would be pointed at 101/110/119 instead of 110/119/129. In both cases you get both 110 and 119.

The national "beams" cover the whole 48 states plus some. Spot beams will vary according to location. The numbers refer to the longitudinal positions of the satellites.

What dish or dishes are you trying to use? 1000.2 would be best for WA. LNBs? Receivers?

I am using a 211 and 222k receiver and dish 1000.2. Sounds like the fix is to move the dish east.

Sounds like the fix is to call DISH and get a professional installer out before you move things and lose all signals. It is only $15 with the protection plan on your account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts